Airdrie v The Invincibles

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we should have a full strength team for this one. I’ve been saying that for weeks but we’re getting closer with only Crawford and Docherty missing against East Fife. Adams shouldn’t and probably won’t be risked on this surface as it seemed to affect him at Bayview.

Hopefully we’ll see this,

Hart

Ferguson
Rose
Higgins
Boyle

Forrest
Docherty
Geggan
Crawford

Moffat
Shankland

I know some fans will want all 3 strikers to start but it leaves us far too open and so far Moore has been an incredible option off the bench. Forrest played well against East Fife so gets the nod ahead of McDaid for me.

Another 4-1 victory coming our way I think.

THIS WILL BE THE GAME WE EITHER HAMMER SOMEONE OR TAKE A POUNDING AGAIN......

3-1 AIRDRIE

OR

0-4 AYR

A LONG AS WE ARE SORTED OFF THE PARK AND WE CAN STEADY THE SHIP, THIS RESULT WILL HAVE LITTLE IMPACT ON THE SEASON EITHER WAY.......

3 hours ago, Rayban74 said:

3-1 AIRDRIE

OR

0-4 AYR

A LONG AS WE ARE SORTED OFF THE PARK AND WE CAN STEADY THE SHIP, THIS RESULT WILL HAVE LITTLE IMPACT ON THE SEASON EITHER WAY.......

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN A GAME OF FOOTBALL.  

3 hours ago, Rayban74 said:

3-1 AIRDRIE

OR

0-4 AYR

noisy noises GIF by Burger Records

I’m going to go with something a bit different on Saturday. Don’t want to rush Doc and Crawford back too fast, but still want MSM to start, so fancy something along the lines of:

Hart

Fergusson Rose Higgins Boyle 

Forrest Geggan Gilmour Moffat 

Shankland Moore

Subs: Avci, Reid, Docherty, Crawford, McCowan, McDaid, McGuffie

No reason Moffat cant play the role of Crawford on the left, very similar with their footwork. Gilmour, if he plays the same way and position he did on Saturday can start again alongside Geggan and have Forrest on the right. Defence picks itself. Going for 3-1 Ayr, Moore x2 and Shankland. Ayr go 10 (Ten) points clear when Raith draw at Arbroath. Merry Christmas!

I’m going to go with something a bit different on Saturday. Don’t want to rush Doc and Crawford back too fast, but still want MSM to start, so fancy something along the lines of:
Hart
Fergusson Rose Higgins Boyle 
Forrest Geggan Gilmour Moffat 
Shankland Moore
Subs: Avci, Reid, Docherty, Crawford, McCowan, McDaid, McGuffie
No reason Moffat cant play the role of Crawford on the left, very similar with their footwork. Gilmour, if he plays the same way and position he did on Saturday can start again alongside Geggan and have Forrest on the right. Defence picks itself. Going for 3-1 Ayr, Moore x2 and Shankland. Ayr go 10 (Ten) points clear when Raith draw at Arbroath. Merry Christmas!

That gives me serious flashbacks to the season under Brian Reid in the championship when Moff played out wide, please no.

That gives me serious flashbacks to the season under Brian Reid in the championship when Moff played out wide, please no.

If he plays in Crawford’s role then it’s more of a wide number 10 rather than a natural winger.

Archived