Queens v St Mirren

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

If we take 900 they'll open the terracing behind the goal for us.

Not guaranteed. Some chat about this on page 1637 of the Queens thread.

2 hours ago, Steeplechat said:

Would be disappointed if they never , especially Gav who’s well known and liked down here

They should both be welcomed, though I don't recall any significant reaction at all on Gavin's return last season with Dunfermline. He certainly wasn't booed though. This will be McShane's first return since leaving but there's no reason he should be booed either. Gavin's local relationship with the club will likely make him more popular though.  Although no longer living in the area, he still very occasionally comes to our games and his father does if Gavin isn't playing elsewhere at the same time.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

They should both be welcomed, though I don't recall any significant reaction at all on Gavin's return last season with Dunfermline. He certainly wasn't booed though. 

Could be wrong, but I don’t think Gavin played at Palmerston last season. Think he was an unused sub in the first game, not sure about the second.

20 minutes ago, Flash said:

Could be wrong, but I don’t think Gavin played at Palmerston last season. Think he was an unused sub in the first game, not sure about the second.

Unused sub in both the games at Palmerston.  Started in the first game at EEP and came on as a sub in the 2nd game up there.

21 minutes ago, Flash said:

Had it in my head he came on as sub in the first one but he didnt. He did warm up pre match and during the game though without any negative reaction. 

Had it in my head he came on as sub in the first one but he didnt. He did warm up pre match and during the game though without any negative reaction. 

He’s a top lad who always stops and speaks when back down . I think he’s still very friendly with a group of the supporters

4 hours ago, Flash said:

Not guaranteed. Some chat about this on page 1637 of the Queens thread.

Had a wee swatch, didn't realise we have all the tickets to sell during the week.

Would be amazed if we brought anywhere near 900. Would have been nice to watch a game in terracing behind the goals, just like the Love Street end at our old ground :(. That would be a cracking view at Palmerston.

54 minutes ago, essex_saint said:

7.30am train up from Euston to Glasgow, meet my auld man then 12pm train back down to Dumfries for the game. Madness but hopefully see us top of the league at Xmas. COYS!

Sounds like quite the journey, and of course you should be applauded for making the effort, but seeing as you are (presumably) residing in Essex I can understand the desire to put several hundreds of miles between you and it.. ;)

2 hours ago, essex_saint said:

7.30am train up from Euston to Glasgow, meet my auld man then 12pm train back down to Dumfries for the game. Madness but hopefully see us top of the league at Xmas. COYS!

Did you rule out getting the London train to Carlisle and connecting to Dumfries from there?

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Where will I be able to buy a ticket on the day. I can't commit before Saturday morning and I'm nowhere near Paisley this week anyway - surely Queens will be selling on the day despite what SMFC say on their website ???

Apparently any unsold tickets are being sent back down and will be able to purchase on the day taken from queens twitter page

1 hour ago, paisleysaints said:

Apparently any unsold tickets are being sent back down and will be able to purchase on the day taken from queens twitter page

Depends how many unsold tickets actually are sent back down but yes, it's certainly likely at this stage that tickets will be on sale at Palmerston. Hopefully will confirm on Thursday.

Sounds like quite the journey, and of course you should be applauded for making the effort, but seeing as you are (presumably) residing in Essex I can understand the desire to put several hundreds of miles between you and it.. [emoji6]

Better looking females here [emoji6]

Remarkably this was £90 more expensive!

I assume the service you're on will stop at Carlisle? If it does then you'd be better jumping off there and getting the Scotrail service to Dumfries. Just buy the Carlisle to Dumfries ticket at the station (£6.10 return).

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I assume the service you're on will stop at Carlisle? If it does then you'd be better jumping off there and getting the Scotrail service to Dumfries. Just buy the Carlisle to Dumfries ticket at the station (£6.10 return).

Could do this with an off-peak or anytime ticket, but not with an advance which doesn’t allow you to break your journey. Might not matter at Carlisle station if you can move between platforms without going through a barrier. But might be charged extra on the return journey to London if you don’t get on the train in Glasgow.

Apologies to everyone else thinking “Tripadvisor for this pish.”

Archived