Queens v St Mirren

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Can’t believe we have been this lucky all season long.

The amount of times we have caught teams when their defence is having a nightmare  is remarkably lucky.

Understand where you are coming from but it's ( hard work ) being two down to go on and win the game scoring three goals at a very dificult venue who's team are having a great season.. In other words you make your own luck through hard work. 

Just now, Demented Zebra said:

Understand where you are coming from but it's ( hard work ) being two down to go on and win the game scoring three goals at a very dificult venue who's team are having a great season.. In other words you make your own luck through hard work. 

A great season?

Which one do you mean?  We've had a couple of decent ones fairly recently, before this decidedly mixed one got underway.

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A great season?

Which one do you mean?  We've had a couple of decent ones fairly recently, before this decidedly mixed one got underway.

Apologies  , I'm not being disrespectful to Queens I mean this season you have a good team some results have been great you were on fire at Dunfermline and are capable of hurting any team in the league. So yesterday for us was a fantastic result given we were two down.

Great to have a thread that hasn't turned into a bun fight with most expressing calm and sensible views. Queens did gift us two goals so thanks for that. Queens should finish in the top four assuming the defence yesterday had an off day.

PS Well done Dobbie on your century of goals.

22 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

I understand you’re not being disrespectful, but it isn’t really a very difficult venue. Before yesterday, we had 3 home wins - Brechin, Falkirk and Dumbarton. And we had 2 defeats to Morton and Livi, with the latter winning 3-0. ICT and Dunfermline were draws. so, it isn’t exactly Fortress Palmerston. The outcome is pretty much as you’d expect - we tend to beat the worst teams, lose to or draw with the teams around us and lose to the teams above us.

46 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Has this now just become a way of winding us up?

I could respect that.  I fear though, that people might mean it.

Not a way of winding Queens fans up, just a generalised observation. I just don’t recall a game this season where we won because we deserved it. Virtually every victory has been down to us meeting teams on one of their worst defensive games of the season.

To be honest, it did irritate earlier in the season, now, I just like to point it out tongue-in-cheek.

BTW I have absolutely hated playing Queens when they have Dobbie.

53 minutes ago, GAD said:

Reilly's second is a fantastic goal. Goal of the game for me, great awareness, touch and pace, then a perfect finish.

It's a great burst and a very tidy finish.

It's nowhere near as difficult a chance as Dobbie's though.

Apologies for paraphrasing.
I posted my response earlier after a number of responses implying that all Saints goals were down to Queen’s failings.

You implied we suggested we had one of our worst games of the season. Not one QoS suggested such a thing. We did gift you goals but overall played well.

Reilly's 2nd goal is a cracker from his POV. 

Tbf it is actually. I never realised he won the initial header against Kerr. Given Kerr is a lot taller than him he bullied him well. The header down by McShane(?) was excellent as well and Reilly's pace and composure did the rest. At the time I thought it was just a complete blunder by Brownlie. I'll concede now that that goal wasn't as big a gift as I recall. No idea what Brownlie was doing that far up but overall it was as well worked a goal as it was poor defending.

Worth bearing in mind amid the debate about defensive mistakes that most goals at this level will come from a mistake of some sort. We are set up to attack with pace, harry defences, force errors and capitalise on them.

I can understand what you're saying but both the gifts we gave you had nothing to do with what you mention. The first one Brownlie is under no pressure as Martin has given him the shout. He leaves the ball and Martin collects. You can literally see that's what is about to happen before he assists Gav. The 3rd is an awful attempt at marking by Kerr and GM gets the easiest chance he'll get all season.

Our goals were better than I remembered. Dobbie is actually outside the box and hits it quickly. Can't help but wonder what the outcome would have been had he taken that approach with his chance at 2-1. Kane had a lot to do still with his and again took it well. Such a strange feeling after yesterday. If we bring in a composed CM and cut out the stupid mistakes at the back we might actually have a chance at a play-off spot if we can replicate our attacking style from yesterday. I shouldn't be feeling optimistic after losing a 2 goal lead but strangely I do.

19 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's a great burst and a very tidy finish.

It's nowhere near as difficult a chance as Dobbie's though.

It's much more difficult, all of it in fact. Dobbie's was down to poor defending more than anything else.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ok, now I know it's a wind up.

Fair play.

It's not a wind up. Dobbie's goal is a half decent touch and finish from a hopeful punt the defence should have dealt with. Reilly's is a well worked move and a great team goal. I don't know why you have such a problem with that.

1 minute ago, GAD said:

It's not a wind up. Dobbie's goal is a half decent touch and finish from a hopeful punt the defence should have dealt with. Reilly's is a well worked move and a great team goal. I don't know why you have such a problem with that.

Because much of it isn't true.

Dobbie's finish is extraordinary.  Nobody else at this level could have done that.  Reilly's is preceded by aerial scrapping, as opposed to the silly stuff you claim to have seen.

17 minutes ago, GAD said:

:lol:

Behave yourself. It's a punt forward where Reilly wins possession by fouling Kerr and then bursts speedily onto McShane's header down. It's about as far from a "great team goal" as you can get without it just being a direct collecting punt from the keeper. Reilly does very well on it having got away with the initial contact and McShane's header is right where it needs to be but the idea it's some multiple passing thing of beauty is farcical. That it's your best goal of the three underlines the shenanigans of the other two.

Out first is quite similar in that it is a punt forward from Mercer that Kane gets something on and Dobbie is far quicker to react to it than anyone else. His shot is perfectly struck early from outside the box before Samson is set. Reilly on the other hand runs on and wrongfoots Martin with a perfect low finish. Both excellent finishes.

Although it comes initially from some scrappy play, the best build up goal is our second where Dobbie's pass couldn't have been more perfectly weighted if Messi had done it and Kane's finish is as composed as Reilly's later one.

You Queens fans really need to take off the blinkers. Saying nobody else in the league could perform Dobbie's perfectly adequate finish, a finish we see week in week out in this league, and comparing his passing to Messi is batshit mental stuff. You need to take a leaf out if the St Mirren fans book and give credit where it's due.

40 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Tbf it is actually. I never realised he won the initial header against Kerr. Given Kerr is a lot taller than him he bullied him well. The header down by McShane(?) was excellent as well and Reilly's pace and composure did the rest. At the time I thought it was just a complete blunder by Brownlie. I'll concede now that that goal wasn't as big a gift as I recall. No idea what Brownlie was doing that far up but overall it was as well worked a goal as it was poor defending.

The 3rd is an awful attempt at marking by Kerr and GM gets the easiest chance he'll get all season.

He didn't win the initial header. He barged into Kerr as he headed it. Reilly at no point heads it. Even if you agree with the referee that it wasn't a foul he certainly didn't "win" the header. He did react far better than our defenders to the loose ball though.

I would blame Tapping for the 3rd at least as much as Kerr. He's not marking anyone, he's obviously just on the edge of the 6 yard box to screen people off but McKenzie goes past him untouched and he actually prevents Kerr matching the run.

1 minute ago, GAD said:

You Queens fans really need to take off the blinkers. Saying nobody else in the league could perform Dobbie's perfectly adequate finish, a finish we see week in week out in this league, and comparing his passing to Messi is batshit mental stuff. You need to take a leaf out if the St Mirren fans book and give credit where it's due.

.............. says the man who thinks a forward running onto a header down following a skewed clearance is " a well worked move and a great team goal "

14 minutes ago, GAD said:

You've not seen Dobbie's properly.

It was magnificent.

Archived