Arbroath v Raith Rovers

I was told by a Raith steward at the end of the game that Arbroath were being reported for having a dozen ejected, so the facts may have got blurred and that has lead to the call for segregation.

Maybe. But there was only one guy ejected during the game, his mates followed him out and never got back in. Other than that it was nothing, segregating a game because of it just seems shite. Should’ve behaved better and hopefully this is the only time this happens again this season.

Could you imagine how much shiter that last minute Linn winner would’ve been against Forfar if we were watching from other side?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally I think the game would go off fine without any bother.
But could absolutely understand why this decision was taken.  Football clubs can be done without the hassle any potential incident would cause.
Also thought a fair few folk got chucked out? That doesent happen when two people shout at each other.

Just because it’s another case of “health and safety gone mad” doesn’t mean it’s an excuse for segregation. I was in the area at Starks and wasn’t aware of the slightest fracas though I did recall some language employed. So few people go to games now that a bit of active stewarding should suffice or else what are they there for. As for the police, they’ll do anything to make their life easier. Not to say there are not a few bampots, usually drink-fuelled youths (or older folks reliving their casual youth) but why should they dictate terms for the whole crowd.

Never been to Gayfield before.

Bringing my lad who's 7. Where's the best place (view) available to away fans?

Cheers in advance

Before the segregation news you would’ve had the luxury of standing anywhere you wanted both halves but you’ll get a brilliant view of the game when you’re shooting towards you’re side anywhere.

I have a friend from work who is a Dundee fan but I’ve talked him into taking his son who’s also 7 to quite a lot of Arbroath games, he loves it because of how close you are to the pitch and the fact you can move about which he can’t do at Dens.

It’s a cracking lower league ground.

Before the segregation news you would’ve had the luxury of standing anywhere you wanted both halves but you’ll get a brilliant view of the game when you’re shooting towards you’re side anywhere.

I have a friend from work who is a Dundee fan but I’ve talked him into taking his son who’s also 7 to quite a lot of Arbroath games, he loves it because of how close you are to the pitch and the fact you can move about which he can’t do at Dens.

It’s a cracking lower league ground.
Cheers. Looking forward to it [emoji106]

Would just like to say to all fans enjoy the game and do  not let the segregation spoil the enjoyment . To the supporter who is bringing his 7 year old son good on you . I have supported Arbroath since the  late 1940's and can remember about 1958 when both teams were in the first division Raith with W. McNaught and a young J. Baxter  beat us well but we got revenge in the 60's by beating you by the same score.In the interests of neutrality I am not going to reveal these scores.

Will be there to-morrow.

40mph winds all day- Peterhead all over again!! 

I may be wrong but sure that’s wind gusts which only last seconds? So wind gusts up to 39mph and average wind speed 23mph, which isn’t too bad I don’t think.

It’ll be ok. [emoji102][emoji23]

I was thought we had a good relationship with Arbroath fans. Seems not

The whole thing has been blown way out of proportion because of a few idiots having a few too many last game. Segregation is disappointing and shows how a few can folk can ruin things for everyone.

I would imagine there will be a decent away support so enjoy your day, hopefully we get a good game [emoji106]

Shame about the segregation, but it's there and we have to live with it. 

I think I'm right in saying that when we were in the same league as Raith under Bakie then Brownlie, Raith were the only team we did not beat in either season? Hope we take something from the game today. 

It's that time of year when we shouldn't be looking back at some bad feeling between the sets of supporters but should be looking forward to a friendly atmosphere and a good game of football between two teams who can play the game well.

Best wishes for a Happy Christmas to all who turn out on Saturday afternoons whatever the weather and keep the game alive.

Would just like to say to all fans enjoy the game and do  not let the segregation spoil the enjoyment . To the supporter who is bringing his 7 year old son good on you . I have supported Arbroath since the  late 1940's and can remember about 1958 when both teams were in the first division Raith with W. McNaught and a young J. Baxter  beat us well but we got revenge in the 60's by beating you by the same score.In the interests of neutrality I am not going to reveal these scores.
Will be there to-morrow.

5-1?

57 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

A number of Rovers players require cortisone injections to play through injuries but club surgeon was too sick to give the players their painkilling injections :lol:

You cudni make it up

It was only one player.

Archived