The Gregarious Greenock -vs- The Inversnecky Isotopes

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 16:18, Stephen Malkmus said:

About time we started reeling in dross like Morton. Clean sheet.

yes your league form has us running for our big brothers.

Get real, a big bunch of highland coos with a wee terrier Baird up front. Wasn't impressed at Inverness by number of chances you missed in the first half and ended up lucky to hold on for a draw. Granted you have had  some big home wins lately against the big sides Fawkirk, Brechin and Dumbarton.

While you flippant comment may hook VT in the real world this might be a season baw breaker for you.

Failure to win on Clyde Riviera will condemn you the Championship for another season with the play offs just a out of your reach.

Ton to recover from their Christmas outing to Dublin with a 2-1 home win.

And by the way Merry Christmas to all.

On 17/12/2017 at 01:05, Highland Capital said:

This'll be my first visit to Cappielow.  Will I have a good time?  Well?  WELL?!  

Yes. Cappielow is a terrific ground, utterly old school, although if we're in the main stand you might leave minus your kneecaps: legroom is at a premium. Also, if you want to indulge your hobby of pitying middle-aged drunkards, you can fill your boots in the Norseman pre-match. A visit there is an essential part of the Cappielow experience.

I am a little surprised that you've never been there before, given your attendance record at ICT matches. It doesn't seem all that long ago that we had a midweek cup fixture there.

Cup tie was in the season we got relegated for the first time, 2008.  We were awful but squeaked through with Dougie Imrie and Richard Hastings scoring IIRC.

The Morton fans booed Imrie throughout, as all Scottish football fans are obliged to do.

47 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Cup tie was in the season we got relegated for the first time, 2008.  We were awful but squeaked through with Dougie Imrie and Richard Hastings scoring IIRC.

The Morton fans booed Imrie throughout, as all Scottish football fans are obliged to do.

Jesus Christ. Time is passing far too quickly these days. If you'd asked me to guess when that was I'd have probably said about 2011. I knew we were in the top flight and playing shite at the time but I thought it was after we'd been down and come back up.

An insipid 0-1 defeat, which will as usual be okay because inverness are just so well organised (copyright Jim Duffy - even when Brechin bundled out of their clown car to play us last month) and there wasn't that much between the teams on the day. Then we'll labour to a draw at Dumbarton next week to round off the first half of the season in style. 

Rinse and repeat until this tedious non-event of a season ends in a 12-12-12 record. 

13 hours ago, virginton said:

An insipid 0-1 defeat, which will as usual be okay because inverness are just so well organised (copyright Jim Duffy - even when Brechin bundled out of their clown car to play us last month) and there wasn't that much between the teams on the day. Then we'll labour to a draw at Dumbarton next week to round off the first half of the season in style. 

Rinse and repeat until this tedious non-event of a season ends in a 12-12-12 record. 

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Literally what we did last season. If we'd conceded three more goals we'd also have had a level goal difference.

Red dot buddies working in unison, just got off the back shift or attending the same creative writing group? 

2 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

Red dot buddies working in unison, just got off the back shift or attending the same creative writing group? 

Guess what colour of dot you're getting for this tear-stained meltdown!

Archived