Six times I was asked today...

glensmad

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, glensmad said:

"What's our next match ?"

I tried my best to explain why we don't know, but the confused expressions which came back were very understandable.

Was the guy deaf,or just a bit Dolly Dimple,glens? :huh:

Incidentally,annoying as that must have been,at least it was a change from Wullie repeatedly asking' are we there yet?' as you travel to your away fixtures. :)

Was the guy deaf,or just a bit Dolly Dimple,glens? :huh:
Incidentally,annoying as that must have been,at least it was a change from Wullie repeatedly asking' are we there yet?' as you travel to your away fixtures. [emoji4]

[emoji23]

13 hours ago, glensmad said:

"What's our next match ?"

I tried my best to explain why we don't know, but the confused expressions which came back were very understandable.

Been asked from ma boy who is 5 and started going to the darvel games with me last year,  when am I taking him to the next game. Have told him this morning I don’t know , he then says to me “take me to a big stadium then”. Therein now lies a problem, if I take him to a senior game and all it involves ie. programmes, scarves, seats, hot dogs etc, there is a chance the next time darvel have a game he might say he doesn’t want to go that he would rather go to a big game. That might mean I possibly don’t then watch junior games and I might not be the only dad who is faced with this.SJFA WEST get it sorted!!

How many threads are you going to start about the same subject

Ok, yes I probably should have posted it on one of the existing threads, point taken and accepted. But until such times as the competitions' integrity is sorted, then it is right to highlight the fact that we are now getting the polar opposite of what the huge majority of clubs voted for only a few months ago.

Been asked from ma boy who is 5 and started going to the darvel games with me last year,  when am I taking him to the next game. Have told him this morning I don’t know , he then says to me “take me to a big stadium then”. Therein now lies a problem, if I take him to a senior game and all it involves ie. programmes, scarves, seats, hot dogs etc, there is a chance the next time darvel have a game he might say he doesn’t want to go that he would rather go to a big game. That might mean I possibly don’t then watch junior games and I might not be the only dad who is faced with this.SJFA WEST get it sorted!!

Tell him that he doesn’t get to kick the ball about during the game at the seniors

2 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

You'll get programmes and scarves at a lot of Junior grounds, and if he's like most five year olds the thought of sitting still on a wee plastic seat for two hours will fill him with horror. Hot dogs are rare in the Juniors admittedly...

Take him along to some bleak mid-table SPFL game on a cold day - if he still wants to do that every week, disown him.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

until such times as the competitions' integrity is sorted, then it is right to highlight the fact that we are now getting the polar opposite of what the huge majority of clubs voted for only a few months ago.

You are 100%  correct to keep raising it. Keep highlighting it until enough fans get the message.

1 hour ago, TheNauld said:

Tell him that he doesn’t get to kick the ball about during the game at the seniors

At this stage he is happy playin with a ball and watching a bit of the game but the junior bigwigs should be mindful of where the next generation of fans are coming from.

57 minutes ago, glensmad said:

It's not the fans who need to get the message though.

Agreed, but they need to put pressure on their committees.  I accept that is easier said than done.   The more people like you highlight it the more chance you have of getting change, and rid of the present problem.

Agreed, but they need to put pressure on their committees.  I accept that is easier said than done.   The more people like you highlight it the more chance you have of getting change, and rid of the present problem.

We got change last summer. That's what the club's voted for and was put in the constitution.

But that has just been completely disregarded.

28 minutes ago, glensmad said:

We got change last summer. That's what the club's voted for and was put in the constitution.

But that has just been completely disregarded.

You sound like a brexiter or a Scottish Nationalist we never got what we voted for. Why do you need fixtures that far in advance their all fucking off anyway with the weather.

You sound like a brexiter or a Scottish Nationalist we never got what we voted for. Why do you need fixtures that far in advance their all fucking off anyway with the weather.

Because it's the rules.

It would be nice just to know our next fixture for starters though. I bet Camelon know theirs.

Archived