The Invincible s Against The Unwinnables

CITY1974

We caught Utd out cold in August when they thought we d park the bus .But instead we had a go .But Saturdays a whole new level.
This is the equivalent of Celtic playing PSG (aye n we re not PSG ). We ll play to our strength s .
Seans just being realistic as longs we see out the first 10 minutes and try and play footy instead of route 1 we ll play away fine .

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

We caught Utd out cold in August when they thought we d park the bus .But instead we had a go .But Saturdays a whole new level.
This is the equivalent of Celtic playing PSG (aye n we re not PSG ). We ll play to our strength s .
Seans just being realistic as longs we see out the first 10 minutes and try and play footy instead of route 1 we ll play away fine .

I understand being realistic but he could at least have given us a glimmer of hope by saying that they would give it a real go as it is a one off game .  Perhaps he didn't want to upset all his Celtic supporting  mates . :rolleyes:

I understand being realistic but he could at least have given us a glimmer of hope by saying that they would give it a real go as it is a one off game .  Perhaps he didn't want to upset all his Celtic supporting  mates . :rolleyes:

You ll no be doubting him when he bullets in a 92 nd meenit header to win it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Its all there for the brechin players tomorra the romance of the cup part-time team not won game brechin players will be running on empty by the end,hope all the brechin fans that are coming down for the game enjoy their day oot,for me celtic with a comfortable win  by 3 or 4.

On 18/01/2018 at 12:35, CITY1974 said:

This is the equivalent of Celtic playing PSG (aye n we re not PSG ).

Don't think there's an example of a similar gap that Celtic can have tbh.  More like Hibs vs PSG imo.

Anyway, Celtic Park;  will its undersoil heating or whatever cope fine with heavy snow and -3oC overnight?  :unsure2:

57 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Its all there for the brechin players tomorra the romance of the cup part-time team not won game brechin players will be running on empty by the end,hope all the brechin fans that are coming down for the game enjoy their day oot,for me celtic with a comfortable win  by 3 or 4.

Ah the old cup cliches coming out now !   :lol:     I think you will be surprised at our team's fitness . We usually put in a late rally .............especially when we are 3 or 4 down !  ;) 

Don't think there's an example of a similar gap that Celtic can have tbh.  More like Hibs vs PSG imo.
Anyway, Celtic Park;  will its undersoil heating or whatever cope fine with heavy snow and -3oC overnight?  :unsure2:

Crikey your a cheery soul

7 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Crikey your a cheery soul

Booking travel only for winter games to be cancelled is sadly an all too familiar affair for me.   :(  

raining_david_tennant.gif

...unless you refer to the first part where the bigger they are, the harder they fall.

the-bigger-they-are-the-harder-they-fall

4 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

hope it is just 3 or 4 we ve been poor since turn of year .

Listened to your chairman on the radio he said there was a good number coming down hope it's a safe journey,is there any player in the brechin team that could play at a higher level?
Do we need to worry about any player or  will it be a backs to the hedge performance?

19 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Listened to your chairman on the radio he said there was a good number coming down hope it's a safe journey,is there any player in the brechin team that could play at a higher level?
Do we need to worry about any player or  will it be a backs to the hedge performance?

They all could..................... Whether they could actually sustain it is a different matter.  ;)

Gary Fusco is the man to watch .  Lethal right foot . 

Too be honest we won an unexpected promotion which club were nt really prepared for financially !We d been hampered by injuries and suspension s the whole season. We fell over the line into play off s rode our luck first half at home v Raith then in my opinion deserved to win remaining matches on although on penalties we had our strongest squad back and played well . This year was always gonna be hard but after a month lost our best striker and 6 5 ft centre half which has made it harder. We ve not been the whipping boys everyone thought but we lack punch up front . Due to limited resources we re really defensive but saying that I reckon there's games we shoulda won and have competed better against your St Mirren s and United s , Dunfermline s .We re probably 10 / 11 points short of what we might ve been ..
We ve no superstars but a genuinely honest bunch of players . Willie Dyer , Graham Smith (keeper ) and Andy Jackson all have top flight experience. Our young right back Lynas is nt too bad. We ve a hard working but small midfield .
Up front we re lacking Jackson s just back and not quite fit .Isaac Layne thinks he's blooming Dembele [emoji23] but he's far from that . ( saying that his goals got us this tie ) .
Last time we got 7 from yous and time before drew 0 0 .I was at both games still a school boy .
Tomorrow's just a huge day out for everyone and one I hope we all enjoy .

Archived