The Invincible s Against The Unwinnables

CITY1974

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I hope to hell that Sean Crighton was just playing down this match in the papers today.  I think the 1200 or so who are travelling will be expecting a bit more than " just staying compact and keeping the score respectable " !!!  

Why would they expect that? You've been compact and trying to keep scores respectable all season, why would you expect them to start playing free-flowing football against the best team in country?

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Why would they expect that? You've been compact and trying to keep scores respectable all season, why would you expect them to start playing free-flowing football against the best team in country?

Just thought I'd add a bit of debate to an otherwise stale thread.  :lol:

Ideally I would like to see us produce a performance similar to the way Hearts played in that 4-0 game.  ..................Reality is though we will set up with at least 6 at the back .  

We can only hope that they don't score early and we can snatch one on the break. 

Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

Just thought I'd add a bit of debate to an otherwise stale thread.  :lol:

Ideally I would like to see us produce a performance similar to the way Hearts played in that 4-0 game.  ..................Reality is though we will set up with at least 6 at the back .  

We can only hope that they don't score early and we can snatch one on the break. 

If Brechin could raise their game to the levels of that Hearts performance I'm sure you'd have done it in the league long before now. It'll be a sit in and try and frustrate them job, Dods would be mad to attack from the off.

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If Brechin could raise their game to the levels of that Hearts performance I'm sure you'd have done it in the league long before now. It'll be a sit in and try and frustrate them job, Dods would be mad to attack from the off.

Aye you are probably right.  We all live in hope  though.   It will be a good day out. 

Just hope a few of the Celtic squad are suffering with colds etc after coming back from the sun  to Siberia !!!  :lol:

Archived