Queen's Park vs. Airdrieonians

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Popped along to this one - is that Luke Donnelly's usual standard? I expect to see him at a Junior game soon enough if so.

He's had one decent game so that today is his normal standard. It's like his legs aren't wired to his brain. Nice laddie it seems but a luxury the bottom of the league can't afford.

Would Pollok have him?

25 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

He's had one decent game so that today is his normal standard. It's like his legs aren't wired to his brain. Nice laddie it seems but a luxury the bottom of the league can't afford.

Would Pollok have him?

I don't think the Junior game would suit him though it might end up being his only option!

He seemed to want an age on the ball and then moved in slow motion - the miss (after the pen?) when he was played in early on and took about 10 touches to set himself up being an example. There's space on a big park like Hampden but most Junior pitches are so much smaller and he'd have no space to fanny about.  Defenders are slower in the Junior grade to be fair but he was the slowest (in thought) attacking player I'd seen in ages. So no thanks! :lol:

Finally made it to first QP game this season. Felt QP had slightly the better of the game overall . Impressed with Iredale and Cummins in defence ... didn’t get bullied by Furtado .
Thought White could’ve done better at free kick .
Donnelly ? .... does he think he’s too good for this level ?
Looked like Airdrieonians have a very young team also to be fair ... McGregor looked solid.

First time I’ve had opportunity to indulge in a pre & post match QP pint at Lesser ... [emoji106]

I don't know if it is the being papped in the corner and so far away from play wherever it is, that I just did not get any enthusiasm today- a muted crowd seems all you can expect in that big empty bowl. The football was sporadic and mainly came from QP keeping quite good possession but no real threat whereas we seemed to run out of ideas after any forward move/long balls into channels/trying to be too clever. I thought Brady again looked like the very composed midfield player we should be looking at, whilst the guy Donnelly had some good link play and managed to convince the Ref that his fresh air mis kick was a foul( The highlights might prove me wrong but I was so far away!) His penalty miss was poor but maybe the goalie psyched him out. Thought there was a shout for an Airdrie penalty in the first half but that might again be bias. The best laugh was when the wee QP guy went sliding off at the far corner late on; it was a non event largely in the second half as  has been said-our biggest cheer was for two challenges conceding throw ins. 

If you’d seen him a couple of weeks ago, you’d have thought bigger teams would be sniffing about him. Looks a bit of an enigma. Suspect he’ll play his part this season, but will frustrate the life out of Gus and the fans.

Not his best day at the office but still think there's a player in there although realise I'm in the minority!
btw get David Galt on pens our best ball striker playing confidently and took them for Blantyre Vics apparently...
Also when will the penny drop with Gus that Sean Burns is not a right sided defender [emoji35] most of airdries threat in the first half came down his side incl goal and penalty that should have been and any forward progress down his side halted due to him having to constantly turn inside [emoji17]
Big blow if Iredale's out for a while or returning to Morton in Jan anyway?
anyone in the know on Wullie Muir and Brian Wharton situations?

Not his best day at the office but still think there's a player in there although realise I'm in the minority!
btw get David Galt on pens our best ball striker playing confidently and took them for Blantyre Vics apparently...
Also when will the penny drop with Gus that Sean Burns is not a right sided defender [emoji35] most of airdries threat in the first half came down his side incl goal and penalty that should have been and any forward progress down his side halted due to him having to constantly turn inside [emoji17]
Big blow if Iredale's out for a while or returning to Morton in Jan anyway?
anyone in the know on Wullie Muir and Brian Wharton situations?

Bryan was in the stand yesterday. Looked fit and healthy. Nothing on Wullie other than he wasn't sitting with the out-of-squad players. Mikey White is a good shotstopper but the goal yesterday and the one a few weeks ago ask some questions. Looked like he had playdo for gloves yesterday but a cracking save late on. Gus giving the goalie coach a fair bit of nagging during this and last week's games.

Iredale will be a massive loss. He was begging Gus to let him stay on yesterday. Not just his defending but I felt much of the good work against Ayr and EF was him and Magee passing into midfield. Cummins, Wharton, Gibson, Green all tend to play long, more often than not reversing possession.

Any news on Cammy Foy?

Iredale will be a massive loss. He was begging Gus to let him stay on yesterday. Not just his defending but I felt much of the good work against Ayr and EF was him and Magee passing into midfield. Cummins, Wharton, Gibson, Green all tend to play long, more often than not reversing possession.

Any news on Cammy Foy?

Agree on iredale pace good distribution and enough strength to outmuscle furtado yesterday
Thought Foy had a long term knee injury?

Penalty looks even worse than I thought. I had no confidence in him scoring it at all. With our usual penalty taker out ( ok, I know Millen missed his last one ) I would have backed Burns to score it ( like the play off final at Clyde) and it looked like he was asking for the ball off Donnelly. Hopefully Gus will get all this sorted out. Galt is a good shout for pens, just put his laces through it

White should be saving that free kick as well but cracking header from Cummins to get as back in it. I thought with a bit more belief second half we could have won it. Too many passes delayed or the wrong option chosen. Mortimer looked a bit off the boil as well, could have poached a goal second half if he had been a wee bit more alert. It will come for him eventually

Decent point in terms of catching Forfar. Saturday shaping up to be some game now    

36 minutes ago, QPFCsince1867 said:

That Airdrie “penalty” makes uncomfortable viewing watching it back. It’s either a card for diving, or a penalty which I think it was. He may have thrown himself forward as well but looked like a firm nudge in the back.

Yes I did say I was maybe biased but it looks like a good shove but the Ref was looking at the cross ball situation and missed it.However he could have seen it as "going down too easily" but if your name is not Scott Sinclair it is not a penalty. Some critics of your goalie at the free kick, but equally, the Airdrie CB made a poor challenge to stop Cummins get a free header-all in an opinion of course. Think QP look better than Forfar at the moment but the League is all over the place from 2 down. Don't know how we will look after the takeover in the New Year

Just viewed Airdrie highlights and have the following observations.

1. QP boy clearly looking to go down before a challenge is made.

2. Rohan a good couple of steps off his line when the penalty is struck. (a pet hate of mine) Its not difficult for the lino to watch.

3. 2 handed shove in the box. A definite penalty for Airdrie and totally missed by ref and lino.

I thought it was a pen at the time and I'm sure had it been at our end the shouts would have been just as loud. Two handed 'nudge'. Still, we don't often get those in our favour. Sorry Chapelhall chap. Agree with your comment on the league though. Can't believe Stranraer are in the play-off section. 

image.png.3a622d8fc4a46404a758fc37849cd760.png

Archived