Queen's Park vs. Airdrieonians

Should be a classic in front of a packed house.

Thoughts on this one?  We've been so inconsistent this season, not to mention atrocious away from home, but the win over Forfar and a good point which so nearly could have been three against Raith should surely have Airdrie feeling more confident than they might have been.   QP are obviously struggling this season, but how are their fans feeling about this one? 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A nothing game. Two disjointed sides and a fair result. Missed an early penalty and White should do much, much better for the goal. Airdrie had a couple of chances they’ll feel they should have taken as well. The big positive is that I believe that’s a game we’d probably have lost a few weeks ago. Onwards.

2 points lost for me. Miles ahead of Airdrie on the creative play but still not testing the goalie much.

Idiocy at the penalty. Disrespectful to his coach and teammates. Amazingly managed to trump the pen with his air volley at 10 mins. Shouldn't have came backout at halftime.

Back to having defenders scoring for us but at least someone is. Still, joint ninth. (Desperately ignoring reality with that spin.)

I hope Airdrie fans are not expecting too much immediately from the takeover. The important thing this season is to avoid relegation. No matter how badly we played today this leaves us 8 points clear of both QP and Forfar which is a handy cushion.

Draw was a fair result. Airdrie cut through the QP defence a few times in 1st half but could not make anything of it. That was a poor penalty miss and the goal was a free header and we had nobody on the back post. Second half was a non-event.

7 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Popped along to this one - is that Luke Donnelly's usual standard? I expect to see him at a Junior game soon enough if so.

If you’d seen him a couple of weeks ago, you’d have thought bigger teams would be sniffing about him. Looks a bit of an enigma. Suspect he’ll play his part this season, but will frustrate the life out of Gus and the fans.

Archived