Games 16-12-17

pie n beans

1 minute ago, superpollok said:

Not really sure your point here?

Just comparing grass in an area less than a mile from the ground that is rock hard. You want me to scale the wall at Newlandsfield to confirm if it’s the same?

Was thinking that as well.

Unless you are really Rod Stewart and got a full size pitch in your back garden.

Maybe you were contemplating letting them play it at your gaff?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What if there are teams with players unavailable due to Christmas holidays,if clubs were told no game on these dates,then players have the right to be away

I thought this was supposedly a Semi Professional setup therefore the players should be available as required according to the contracts they signed for the club.
After all they are still picking up wages.

What if there are teams with players unavailable due to Christmas holidays,if clubs were told no game on these dates,then players have the right to be away

It's semi pro football ffs not Sunday league , deal with it is the answer or go and play Sunday league , nonsense

2 hours ago, btw lads said:

are you serious about pitch inspections? take your boots with you, see if the grass takes a stud, quick short sprints, turn, does ball bounce?  then let us know!

The neighbours might have something to say about that?

20 minutes ago, Fan321 said:

How come St Rochs Park will be on? Surely the frost will catch that too or yous got undersoil heating installed? 

Mate - sorry for the confusion - I said will be on for a game of marbles - which is played on concrete

Unfortunately our groundsman forgot to turn on our under soil heating so we are pretty much fucked .....except for the marbles off course 

G

LATEST: MATCHES OFF
16/12/2017
Scone Thistle
v
Kilsyth Rangers
16/12/2017
Sauchie Juniors
v
Camelon Juniors
16/12/2017
Downfield
v
Wishaw
16/12/2017
Whitburn Juniors
v
Benburb
16/12/2017
Newtongrange Star
v
Cumbernauld United
16/12/2017
Carnoustie Panmure
v
Petershill
16/12/2017
Lochee United
v
Johnstone Burgh
16/12/2017
Crossgates Primrose
v
Beith Juniors
16/12/2017
Hill of Beath Hawthorn
v
Auchinleck Talbot
16/12/2017
Lochore Welfare
v
Forth Wanderers
16/12/2017
Bonnyrigg Rose
v
Jeanfield Swifts
16/12/2017
Tayport
v
Bathgate Thistle
16/12/2017
Dalkeith Thistle
v
Arniston Rangers
16/12/2017
Kirriemuir Thistle
v
Haddington Athletic
16/12/2017
Blairgowrie
v
Brechin Vics
16/12/2017
Coupar Angus
v
Dundee Violet
16/12/2017
Forfar Albion
v
East Craigie
16/12/2017
Kinnoull
v
Dundee North End
16/12/2017
Luncarty
v
Newburgh
16/12/2017
Armadale Thistle
v
Lochgelly Albert
16/12/2017
Craigroyston
v
Edinburgh United
16/12/2017
Kirkcaldy YM
v
Stoneyburn Juniors
16/12/2017
Livingston United
v
Pumpherston Juniors
16/12/2017
Rosyth
v
Harthill Royal

McBooke.gif

It's semi pro football ffs not Sunday league , deal with it is the answer or go and play Sunday league , nonsense

He has a valid point. In the East at least, clubs were told no games 23rd and 30th, then they relented and said clubs can volunteer to play with a deadline of 2-3 weeks ago, only 4 did. So the remainder can rightly consider themselves idle those two weeks.

On that basis there will have been players who have made other arrangements in the knowledge they won't be playing after this weekend until January.

He has a valid point. In the East at least, clubs were told no games 23rd and 30th, then they relented and said clubs can volunteer to play with a deadline of 2-3 weeks ago, only 4 did. So the remainder can rightly consider themselves idle those two weeks.

On that basis there will have been players who have made other arrangements in the knowledge they won't be playing after this weekend until January.

All clubs are aware (or should be) that if a Scottish tie is postponed it carries on till following Sat and again and again until it's played so if a club is still in cup but doesn't want league fixtures and tells players that they won't be playing then that's the gamble.

3 hours ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

Mate - sorry for the confusion - I said will be on for a game of marbles - which is played on concrete

Unfortunately our groundsman forgot to turn on our under soil heating so we are pretty much fucked .....except for the marbles off course 

Problem with the Candy's undersoil heating was the pipes were frozen.

9 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

I've seen multiple 3 and 4G parks being called off already.

Hopefully Petershill Park's plastic isn't one of those, for the Rob Roy v Glenafton tie - I'm already on a train down from the frozen North for this one...

Hopefully Petershill Park's plastic isn't one of those, for the Rob Roy v Glenafton tie - I'm already on a train down from the frozen North for this one...

That's a great surface. One of the new ones. Be really surprised if it's off. Quick brush over it (if necessary) and it'll be good to go I'd imagine [emoji106]

Archived