What are P&Bers doing for Hogmanay?

My ideal is sat on my arse on the couch with the Xmas single malts and a bucket of bombay mix.

However, after 5 years of doing this the missus is saying we should "make the most of it".

I fucking hate it. Pubs full of arseholes, paying to get in pubs, cannae get a taxi, shaking hands with strangers, forced jollity pish.

Anyway feel free to shower me with inspiration.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the past ten years been in Aviemore for NY, this year just working till 9 then I'll drive back to the parents or head home and have a kip. Away on the 2nd for a few days with a bunch of mates to a lodge to get some hiking and hopefully skiing done so that'll do, less pressure to make an irrationally important evening seem fantastic when it's a bit dull in reality.

The wife's hoping for a Still Game special. Personally, I'd like Our Lord  to rise from the grave and provide another round of Scotch & Wry.

We'll be asleep before the bells. If we have any trouble nodding off, there's always Only an Excuse.

7 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Hogmany is for your Hamish Husband, in your face patriotic, Tartan Army types.
Whiskey is minging, kilts are shite and Auld Lang Syne is sung by fuds.

You might not like or be able to spell Whisky, hate our national dress and traditional songs, but you probably got a 1/2 season ticket to Ibrox.   Nout wrong with a little bit of patriotism and tradition.   

I'll be enjoying some fruit bun and shortbread and gallons of booze.    Followed by a long walk on NYD and a round at the Kings on the 2nd.  

What a boring shower of cnuts on here. I pity your partners stuck with your likes. Some of your partners appear to desperate to mark the occasion. You may have bored them shitless the whole year and you complain at having to make an effort to brighten up their lives briefly. Enjoy your life and partners while you have them.

Every time we have a thread like this everyone says that they hate New Year, that they are staying in or going to bed early and yet on New Year's Eve every place is packed and thousands of people attend events across the country.

Archived