14 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

What are P&Bers doing for Hogmanay?

My ideal is sat on my arse on the couch with the Xmas single malts and a bucket of bombay mix.

However, after 5 years of doing this the missus is saying we should "make the most of it".

I fucking hate it. Pubs full of arseholes, paying to get in pubs, cannae get a taxi, shaking hands with strangers, forced jollity pish.

Anyway feel free to shower me with inspiration.

Don’t know why you bothered.  You could have just resurrected the thread from last year.

Or the year before.

Or the year before that.

Or.... well you get the picture; it will be the same folk posting the same things.

On a personal level I hope you have a very nice time.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, G_Man1985 said:

"Same folk". Not true. As I have children I have different responsibilities. My choices are different however they never use to be.

I hope you have a lovely time also

You have just highlighted a very obvious flaw in my assertion.

Nonetheless most folk will just post the same old pish.

I hope you and all your family have a wonderful time.

My burd dumped me about 2 weeks ago so I keep flirting between going out and trying to throw my sausage up something or sitting at home and drinking myself into complete oblivion. Will probably make (the wrong) decision on the night.

Whatever one you choose, chances are you’ll think the other would have been better.
Go to your pals, or have boys at yours. Get bevy’d and put the world to rights. Or go out with a group of mates and just enjoy their company.

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

My burd dumped me about 2 weeks ago so I keep flirting between going out and trying to throw my sausage up something or sitting at home and drinking myself into complete oblivion. Will probably make (the wrong) decision on the night.

In the past i've found NYE to be fairly decent for sausage throwing so i'd go with that. Alone and oblivion drinking sounds depressing don't do that. 

Have to agree with those against the Edinburgh street party pish, I done it about 10 years ago when I was younger and it was a laugh. But it's like £20 odd quid now or more if you're not a resident to stand about a street drinking probably a flat vodka mix in crowd of probably utter wanks. Maybe pay about £4.50 for a plastic pint of lukewarm Carling and eat "street food" fuckin rather consume ma own vomit.

So aye probably do the Embra party hing.  

Started properly going out in town at 15. Aged 15-22 or so they were always wild nights but it doesn't really have much appeal these days. A couple of years back I was wrecked and agreed to do a loony dook the next day. Having to get up and leave the house was was more painful than the dip in the north sea. 

Grab yourself a Tinder Gold subscription rn mate and get battered in for NYE.

Probably not drinking. The wife is working at 7.30 on New year's Day, will probably have to take her in, due to Edinburgh council only putting on staff taxis in "exceptional circumstances". Twats.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Archived