Cutting your own hair and making an arse of it

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Indeed you can't imagine. You obviously believe because you are incapable of this simple task no one else is. Some are better than others at cutting their own hair, many never learn because they are either too lazy or prefer someone else to make the choice for them on how their hair should look. Learn how to cut your own hair properly through practice.

And for that year while you're practicing your head is a complete mess. 

I've been cutting my own hair for 14 years. I started doing it because I lived on Arran roughly 16 miles from the only barber and didn't drive. Getting a haircut was almost a day out with the lack of regular buses. I made the mistake of doing the first one with a drink in me and made a total arse of it but I had it sussed after that. It only takes about half an hour from start to finish including having a shower afterwards. It's all about convenience for me.

£13 for me at my local place. Can have any style, normally a skin fade for me and just chopped short on top, reshape beard, clean shave neck and rest of my face and even tidy up eyebrows with some good chat so can’t complain.

9 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Are the folk on hear that self cut talking about something more difficult that a No 1/2/3 all over with a set of clippers?  

If so, get to the fucking barber/hairdressers.

Exactly this. I would cut my own hair if it was that simple, but anything more than the same number all over requires a professional. Unless you're happy looking like a gimp.

5 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Xmas gift idea....

6a00d83452989a69e2013488092925970c-pi

(and yes my mum did have one)

Note that in none of the pictures is the person cutting their own hair - somebody else is actually wielding the thing.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Exactly this. I would cut my own hair if it was that simple, but anything more than the same number all over requires a professional. Unless you're happy looking like a gimp.

Haircut.JPG

Just now, Shandon Par said:

Going to the hairdresser can be a social occasion. Mine saved me £70 on a pair of gloves the other day. My mum’s hairdresser has recently decided to become a lady. Get all sorts of nuggets of information. 

I don't even know where to begin with this. 

I don't even know where to begin with this. 

I’ll take a crack then...
Going to the hairdresser can be a social occasion. Mine saved me £70 on a pair of gloves the other day. My mum’s hairdresser has recently decided to become a lady. Get all sorts of nuggets of information. 

Any c**t stupid enough to look at gloves that it’s a possibility to save £70 on doesn’t deserve to save money. Over £70 for a pair of gloves? You’re a roaster.

Just now, NJ2 said:

I’ll take a crack then...

Any c**t stupid enough to look at gloves that it’s a possibility to save £70 on doesn’t deserve to save money. Over £70 for a pair of gloves? You’re a roaster.

That's pretty much where I was trying to get to. Do these gloves give hand jobs or something?

Ah, it was a typo. He meant he’d save £7. Getting a pair from home bargains or something now thanks to the hair dresser. Sorry Shandon.

Archived