West Region Cup Committee

archieb

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, theshed said:

Attendences in the ardagh cup are dwindling by the year and I include crowd figures in the beith v kilbirnie derby fixture in the sectional cup in that , so you propose for example beith or kilbirnie to travel up midweek in a revamped west sectional cup to play maybe shotts or Cumbernauld away midweek ?

Do you honestly think that players / management and fans would jump on board this new concept and embrace it and travel much farther then the two miles that they aren't even travelling for local derbies ? Sorry I'm just not getting this one bit .

So desperate to have a go at an idea you don't even read it.

Here's the part you missed again. - B) The management committee organise all 64 clubs into 8 Sections, using geography and travel as guidelines.

So desperate to have a go at an idea you don't even read it.
Here's the part you missed again. - B) The management committee organise all 64 clubs into 8 Sections, using geography and travel as guidelines.
Using geography as guidelines ? How far do you implement that and which clubs would benefit from it , you're missing my main point here , fans are turning their backs in droves at the closest geographical implication that's in place - which is currently with the ardagh and central version , the new west sectional cup can't beat the local proximity that's currently in place despite what is on the agenda in doing so , it just seems a helluva complicated way of going about things when the logical way forward is to scrap the whole thing / make it optional .

Worst case scenario Shotts v Kello rovers in the new format I just don't see it hammering the turnstile , even at best and say arthurlie v beith which isn't too far - I just don't see the huge attraction as we play one another in the league X 2 , and have had numerous games against them in the west and Scottish cup , a new sectional format in playing fellow west teams just doesn't do it for me and would be surprised if many people find it attractive .

Dump the Evening Times, end of season nonsense,

And the perfect way to keep the local media involved and the money in the game, talk to them about sponsering the West of Scotland Evening Times Cup,

Full season sponsorship and coverage of cup that runs most of the seaon.

Personally I would like to keep the sectional league cups as to me it's the traditional start to the season but amalgamate them with the Ayrshire Cup/Central League Cups (possibly even the West) that are crammed in at the end of the season.  Play the section at the start of the season as we do now then hold back the quarter finals till April.

19 hours ago, CC1987 said:

Personally I would like to keep the sectional league cups as to me it's the traditional start to the season but amalgamate them with the Ayrshire Cup/Central League Cups (possibly even the West) that are crammed in at the end of the season.  Play the section at the start of the season as we do now then hold back the quarter finals till April.

Are we in the only league that starts the season by not playing in the league?

9 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

Are we in the only league that starts the season by not playing in the league?

I may be wrong, but do the SPFL teams not start the season with the League Cup group sections, and the teams that qualify for Europe start with their qualifying games ?

1 hour ago, theshed said:
6 hours ago, junior man32 said:
If scott robertson is involved.. he will bully the rest of guys into 'agreein' to his way of thinking

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No chance of that one bit .

He is vulnerable now, he has been responsible for far too many cockups  in the last couple of years. I will be amazed if we start the new season with the current format , he may not even want it himself.  The current sponsor could perhaps be persuaded to back a new end of season tournament for those clubs who have finished their league games and out of the other competitions, short and sharp. Four knockout sections and the four winners playing the semi's over one weekend, friday evenings and final on a neutral ground on the sunday. Much more attractive than the two current league cups, shared gates with all four receiving some prize money.

1 hour ago, theshed said:
7 hours ago, junior man32 said:
If scott robertson is involved.. he will bully the rest of guys into 'agreein' to his way of thinking

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No chance of that one bit .

Not so sure about that. He's managed it for a quite a number of seasons now.

13 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Not so sure about that. He's managed it for a quite a number of seasons now.

Believe me, I attend West region general meetings and the mood for change is there. We are entering the last days of the Reich!

15 hours ago, garrellburn said:

He is vulnerable now, he has been responsible for far too many cockups  in the last couple of years. I will be amazed if we start the new season with the current format , he may not even want it himself.  The current sponsor could perhaps be persuaded to back a new end of season tournament for those clubs who have finished their league games and out of the other competitions, short and sharp. Four knockout sections and the four winners playing the semi's over one weekend, friday evenings and final on a neutral ground on the sunday. Much more attractive than the two current league cups, shared gates with all four receiving some prize money.

Can we not just have fewer pointless tournaments instead of different ones?

7 hours ago, Shanner said:

Can we not just have fewer pointless tournaments instead of different ones?

What's pointless about offering clubs who have finished their league programme by mid-April the chance to play a few more games and perhaps get a bit more revenue. My point was that  this would replace the present Sectional League cups, not in addition to it. I believe a short sharp tournament played our within three weeks in May would attract decent crowds particularly if played on evenings when there are few other games on. A bit of imaginative fixture scheduling to avoid clashes with big televised games as well would be welcome.

Maybe not much chance of that though if we don't finally get rid of the currernt incumbent.

Archived