West Region Cup Committee

archieb

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Brig O'Lea said:

Yes, all clubs in the region had the opportunity to put someone forward for this working group.

My comments were written with tongue very much in cheek, I do know several of the committee men and believe that they will come up with a sensible decision. And I have called the GS a dinosaur to his face at a meeting, i even received a note from the then treasurer congratulating me for stating it.

On 12/15/2017 at 09:59, garrellburn said:

My comments were written with tongue very much in cheek, I do know several of the committee men and believe that they will come up with a sensible decision. And I have called the GS a dinosaur to his face at a meeting, i even received a note from the then treasurer congratulating me for stating it.

I wasn't to know that mate, just answering what seemed like a straightforward question about whether clubs were asked to nominate a rep, which they were.

Would like to see the sectional league cup retained,but better organised.Two competitions of 32,meaning three group games played over one week.Play the semi finals at a neutral venue under the lights a few weeks into the season.

It's the West Region there is no Ayrshire no Central. Finally got rid of District Leagues time for District Cups to go as well. There are junior clubs considering moving to the pyramid yet we have some who want to retain a local kick about tournament where you can play trialists to get yourself ready for the real stuff to come lol

Surely now with the set up FINALLY Killing off the Ayrshire & Central divisions time to put the WOS cup back where it belongs ( aka Whyte & Mackay days). This was second only to the Scottish in its hey day and should return to that status ahead of District and league cups.

54 minutes ago, retired said:

Surely now with the set up FINALLY Killing off the Ayrshire & Central divisions time to put the WOS cup back where it belongs ( aka Whyte & Mackay days). This was second only to the Scottish in its hey day and should return to that status ahead of District and league cups.

I don't think the West will ever regain how it was in its heyday as it is now effectively a League Cup.

Before you looked forward to the chance to pit your wits against the best of the Central League but now we play these teams all the time in the league.

I was always of the mind to keep all the cups but have been won over with the doing away of the Sectional Cup but retaining the Ayrshire Cup.

13 hours ago, qwerty said:

Playing the Scottish cup in November, December, January is the problem, maybe supporters should be asking clubs committee to raise a proposal at sjfa AGM regarding this , plenty time to come up with workable solution.

Erm end of Aug/Sep/Oct then Feb/Mar/Apr/May would be a great idea? Doesn't need clubs to propose this as already been moved a month by SJFA Committee. Whilst we are at it draw a Round in advance it makes sense. I wont even mention the play to a finish over 90 mins then penalties just incase that causes the Junior Secretaries to be enabled to issue a season long fixture list. I will be the Antichrist!

I did put in a proposal  , it was to scrap the ardgath and central sectional cups and replace it with a west region sectional  league cup ,  as we have 64 clubs the idea was to split the teams into 8 regional sections Of 8  than from each section have a draw and from each 8 draw 2 sections of 4  meaning 3 games  per section then the 2 winners play each other to decide who goes into the quarter finals ,second year reverse the fixtures and when we get to every 3rd year we then redraw  the sections , this would mean  that the competition would  be much better , this would mean a maximum of 7 fixtures  for the finalists.   this proposal will be put to the delegates at the west region A.G.M

1 hour ago, ricky burgh said:

I did put in a proposal  , it was to scrap the ardgath and central sectional cups and replace it with a west region sectional  league cup ,  as we have 64 clubs the idea was to split the teams into 8 regional sections Of 8  than from each section have a draw and from each 8 draw 2 sections of 4  meaning 3 games  per section then the 2 winners play each other to decide who goes into the quarter finals ,second year reverse the fixtures and when we get to every 3rd year we then redraw  the sections , this would mean  that the competition would  be much better , this would mean a maximum of 7 fixtures  for the finalists.   this proposal will be put to the delegates at the west region A.G.M

Ricky, I do hope you pursue this idea, it deserves consideration.

As you know, from the conversation we had last season at Bellshill, I had the same idea and if I had been successful in my bid, I would have pushed for this too. I did actually put the idea to 2 others last January and those 2 are now on the aforementioned 'Cup Committee' so hopefully it will be discussed by them. I also endorsed your proposal in my application letter.

I've re-posted and expanded on the idea here.

A) Combine both Ayrshire and Central cup competitions into one.

B) The management committee organise all 64 clubs into 8 Sections, using geography and travel as guidelines.

C) Teams in each section are numbered 1 through to 8.

D) A draw is made at the AGM to split each section into 2 groups.

E) These teams play each other once only. This results in 2 teams having 2 home/1 away and 2 teams with 1 home/2 away games. These groups remain in place for 2 seasons to allow a reversal of these fixtures.

F) The group winners are placed in a draw (again this could be pre-drawn at the AGM) and it is drawn through to the final.

G) Both finalists would play 7 games.

H) After 2 seasons The groups are redrawn from the same sections and remain in place again for another 2 seasons.

I) This maintains the Sectional League aspect which allows full use of trialists during the opening 3 games.

J) The season could start on the Saturday with Game 1, Game 2 would be on the Monday with Game 3 on the Wednesday. This would mean the Sectional League would be over in a week allowing for League fixtures to start on the 2nd Saturday of the season.

Currently the winners of the Central Sectional League Cup play 6 matches in the tournament. This proposal gives 7 matches. Unless you mean the scrapping of the end of season League Cups as well then this proposal actually means more games on top of the extra league games.

Currently the winners of the Central Sectional League Cup play 6 matches in the tournament. This proposal gives 7 matches. Unless you mean the scrapping of the end of season League Cups as well then this proposal actually means more games on top of the extra league games.

You can't count,7 games 4sectional, then quarter,semi and final

Archived