Borris - Glenafton
Canning - Retired
McNaught - Vale of Leven
Dillon - Retired
Bagan - Retired
Dobbie - Queens
Quitongo - Mandatory charity match player and fashion icon
McCann - Retired
Shaw - Nae idea where he went or if he's still playing, assume he's retired.

Is Boyle not at Ayr?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McNaught is now the Vale of Leven's 3rd all time top goalscorer and is approaching his 10th year with the club.

He has recently returned to action after a horror injury which kept him out for around a year. He's a top bloke and a bit of a Vale legend, good on him. Easily the best player our boys club had ever seen back in the day, I enjoy popping out to the Milburn to watch him now and again.

I always remember myself and Moonster losing the nut watching our school mate thunder in a rocket against Morton in one of his first games for the Sons.

9 hours ago, RiG said:

Bagan was a quality wee player for us. I'll never forget his cracking strike at Tynecastle in the Scottish Cup and his smashing double against Ayr United in the league. By all accounts a decent fellow as well.

As I recall it was the third goal, the pitch was atrocious and resembled a mud bath, Ricardo Fuller got a long high pass and he backtracked a few paces anticipating the bounce, the ball fell dead on the mud and Bagan just quickly picked it up at pace and headed straight for goal.

The Tynecastle pitch was due to be replaced and the work started on it right after the game. 

I had a good bet on the game and had a great night in the hotel, happy days.  

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

As I recall it was the third goal, the pitch was atrocious and resembled a mud bath, Ricardo Fuller got a long high pass and he backtracked a few paces anticipating the bounce, the ball fell dead on the mud and Bagan just quickly picked it up at pace and headed straight for goal.

I reckoned these were the words of an inebriated man Sandy so I raked out the video.

McBain had it in our half and played a 1-2 with Ritchie before releasing Bagan who ran half the length of the pitch. He beat Tommy Gronlund who was tugging at his shirt before side footing home. The second goal was a classy strike from Wyness who turned Mahe and struck a sweet left footer past Niemi.

Those days watching Paterson's team in the early noughties were a dream. This was two years after the famous game at Parkhead in 2000. We were able to go to a Premier club, take the lead, lose an equaliser right on half time and lose our most creative player, Charlie Christie, who was replaced by Bagan. We then survived a bit of early pressure before winning the game comfortably and nearly getting a fourth.

Even sweeter was the fact that our wee neighbours did us a favour by losing meekly at Tynecastle in the previous round. Hearts obviously thought ICT were more of the same and got a real shock as our team stepped up to the mark and our support nearly took the roof off the stand. One of the better away supports for ICT in the pishing rain.

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Grindlay - Still at Beith I think
Geggan - Ayr
Boyle - Retired
Davie Craig - Probably still a tennis coach and all round legend
Gentile - Retired
Sir Craig Brittain - Locked in my cupboard
McKeever - f**k knows
Borris - Glenafton
Canning - Retired
McNaught - Vale of Leven
Dillon - Retired
Bagan - Retired
Dobbie - Queens
Quitongo - Mandatory charity match player and fashion icon
McCann - Retired
Shaw - Nae idea where he went or if he's still playing, assume he's retired.

Aye but where exactly are they now? I want to know if Davie Bagman is sitting in his pants eating a bagel. 

5 hours ago, cedrick1 said:

Sorry if changing route of thread .

can we start getting weather updates on chances of game going ahead. 

Got to get pack lunch planned 

any ict fans that can give regular updates would be appreciated 

Liquid packed lunch or 'solids'?

36 hrs to prepare it, that Sir is dedication. :P

1 minute ago, Highland Capital said:

Ever heard of BBC Weather m8?

Cloudy and some glimpses of golden sunshine here atm.

Unfortunately it doesn't have a 'chances of Inverness Caledonian Thistle versus Dumbarton being on o-meter'. So I felt it best to ask the people there irl.

Earlier this week I didn't think it had a chance, but looking at the weather forecast I'm now a wee bit more optimistic. I've had my train tickets booked for months though, so I'm coming up regardless of whether the game is on or not.

12 hours ago, The Mantis said:

I reckoned these were the words of an inebriated man Sandy so I raked out the video.

McBain had it in our half and played a 1-2 with Ritchie before releasing Bagan who ran half the length of the pitch. He beat Tommy Gronlund who was tugging at his shirt before side footing home. The second goal was a classy strike from Wyness who turned Mahe and struck a sweet left footer past Niemi.

Those days watching Paterson's team in the early noughties were a dream. This was two years after the famous game at Parkhead in 2000. We were able to go to a Premier club, take the lead, lose an equaliser right on half time and lose our most creative player, Charlie Christie, who was replaced by Bagan. We then survived a bit of early pressure before winning the game comfortably and nearly getting a fourth.

Even sweeter was the fact that our wee neighbours did us a favour by losing meekly at Tynecastle in the previous round. Hearts obviously thought ICT were more of the same and got a real shock as our team stepped up to the mark and our support nearly took the roof off the stand. One of the better away supports for ICT in the pishing rain.

Do you have highlights of the game that we can watch!?

Was right behind the goal but was very young so can't really remember much of the game. Would love to see it again.

12 hours ago, cedrick1 said:

Sorry if changing route of thread .

can we start getting weather updates on chances of game going ahead. 

Got to get pack lunch planned 

any ict fans that can give regular updates would be appreciated 

Barley Chatterman, our local sports journo ferret and running warrior, interviewed Brian Rice on RS this morning and couldn't get a straight answer on a pitch inspection, the USH has been on but as you know this can lead to further problems with surface water.

12 hours ago, The Mantis said:

I stand corrected  and apologise you destroyer of dreams, distorted nostalgia tinted glasses were in use, how did the hair splitters convention go this year?

Archived