Inverness Loledonian Pishle v Dumbfartin

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arguably we could've seen a better game of football if the match was called off.

We've looked pretty scrappy, although on the odd occasion we settle down we look capable of creating something.

On another note Steven Kirkland is nowhere near good enough to referee at this level. He's not even had much to do, but is making everything into a massive drama.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Judging by the lack of patter on here this wasn't a classic.

Put it this way, my walk along the icy pavements back to the station was more exciting than the vast majority of the match.

Inverness probably edged it. They looked more composed in possession, and fair play to big Coll Donaldson who absolutely strolled it. Both teams looked relatively dangerous when they got a chance, but spent most of the game going out of their way to waste possession. The goal was far too easy for Tremarco, and another we've conceded from a set-piece (I've had a wee column ready to go on that fact for just over a month now, with lots of nice stats, so at least I can finally send it into life).

Walsh missed a sensational chance near the end, whilst he forced Ridgers into a good save earlier in the first-half.

Scott Gallacher made a good save from a sharp Connor Bell shot midway through the second, and almost got lobbed by Polworth after flying out of his box to deal with a through ball. That aside he had little to do though.

Hutton looked like Hutton V1.0 in the first-half, but improved a bit in the second, Morrison worked hard, and did reasonably well in the first, but vanished as the game wore on and highlighted why we desperately need a striker in January. Walsh looked creative whenever he got the ball, but was pretty wasteful (one glorious cross aside). Roy didn't do his chances much good, and Calum Gallagher won some corners.

Boomer didn't look himself, but Mango and Dowie looked fairly solid again - so that was a positive. 

Stevie's subs were a bit odd. Or to be more accurate his decision to use Div Wilson as our first sub was. That saw the SeaGal come off, Walsh move to the left, Roy go to the right and Wilson take up the #10 role. Then Roy came off for Froxy who went to the wing, and then Walsh moved back to the middle for a wee spell putting Wilson on the wing.

If we wanted to freshen up the #10 role then surely Froxy would've been ideal, with Roy and Walsh either side of him. Wilson isn't really a #10, and certainly didn't look hugely comfortable there - albeit it was his first serious appearance for a wee while.

Ultimately I reckon whoever scored first would've won that. Hopefully Stevie and Durrant now spend the week focusing on defending set-plays.

Put it this way, my walk along the icy pavements back to the station was more exciting than the vast majority of the match.
Inverness probably edged it. They looked more composed in possession, and fair play to big Coll Donaldson who absolutely strolled it. Both teams looked relatively dangerous when they got a chance, but spent most of the game going out of their way to waste possession. The goal was far too easy for Tremarco, and another we've conceded from a set-piece (I've had a wee column ready to go on that fact for just over a month now, with lots of nice stats, so at least I can finally send it into life).
Walsh missed a sensational chance near the end, whilst he forced Ridgers into a good save earlier in the first-half.
Scott Gallacher made a good save from a sharp Connor Bell shot midway through the second, and almost got lobbed by Polworth after flying out of his box to deal with a through ball. That aside he had little to do though.
Hutton looked like Hutton V1.0 in the first-half, but improved a bit in the second, Morrison worked hard, and did reasonably well in the first, but vanished as the game wore on and highlighted why we desperately need a striker in January. Walsh looked creative whenever he got the ball, but was pretty wasteful (one glorious cross aside). Roy didn't do his chances much good, and Calum Gallagher won some corners.
Boomer didn't look himself, but Mango and Dowie looked fairly solid again - so that was a positive. 
Stevie's subs were a bit odd. Or to be more accurate his decision to use Div Wilson as our first sub was. That saw the SeaGal come off, Walsh move to the left, Roy go to the right and Wilson take up the #10 role. Then Roy came off for Froxy who went to the wing, and then Walsh moved back to the middle for a wee spell putting Wilson on the wing.
If we wanted to freshen up the #10 role then surely Froxy would've been ideal, with Roy and Walsh either side of him. Wilson isn't really a #10, and certainly didn't look hugely comfortable there - albeit it was his first serious appearance for a wee while.
Ultimately I reckon whoever scored first would've won that. Hopefully Stevie and Durrant now spend the week focusing on defending set-plays.

I must admit as soon as I seen "Goal - Inverness" flashing up I'd have put the house on it coming from a set piece.

How did Nade look? With Stewart being out and Morrison not exactly looking the part I'd be keen to see him regain fitness and form.

13 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I must admit as soon as I seen "Goal - Inverness" flashing up I'd have put the house on it coming from a set piece.

How did Nade look? With Stewart being out and Morrison not exactly looking the part I'd be keen to see him regain fitness and form.

Kind of like Nade always does at the moment. He can be frustrating to watch, but he still played a huge role in two big opportunities after coming on. Him and Morrison are totally different - Morrison looks more effective, but Nade actually contributes more.

Neither are 90 minute solutions though imo.

Kind of like Nade always does at the moment. He can be frustrating to watch, but he still played a huge role in two big opportunities after coming on. Him and Morrison are totally different - Morrison looks more effective, but Nade actually contributes more.
As a matter of interest S08, how much will a bottle of Bud cost in 2068 - a trip to the Scotrail buffet car should assist...

42 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
46 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

As a matter of interest S08, how much will a bottle of Bud cost in 2068 - a trip to the Scotrail buffet car should assist...

c***s on a Train thread for this pish ;)

That game summed us up perfectly. Mostly fine at the back (Donaldson was like a young Franco Baresi at the back as per usual these days) but precious little going forward with almost no link between midfield and forwards. Polworth, Bell and Baird seemed to be on completely different wavelengths to each other and seldom seemed to find each other with their passes leading to numerous attacks breaking down as we reached the edge of the Dumbarton box. Mulraney had a good spell in the first half where he fizzed in a couple of decent looking crosses but I forgot he was even on the pitch in the second half he was so quiet. Hopefully we can get someone in the January transfer window that can provide a creative spark and another who can score goals. A lot of guff still kicking about the squad just now who are just a waste of a wage.

Archived