Kilmarnock v Motherwell

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I'm in the mainstream of 'Well fans in that I'm sad to see him go and happy to see his hard work getting a reward (that 3.5 year contract will make him a millionaire I guess). I had resigned myself to him leaving after the 'Well-Killie game at the end of last season (and given his big goodbyes that night, he thought he was offski too) - so we've had ages knowing that he was away and that is then pretty easy to deal with.
The sense that we've "won" out of the deal overall - getting 450k for a guy who had already signed a pre-contract after paying back his 50k transfer fee countless times over with his goals and contribution - means that there won't be much of a backlash from any sensible supporter. 
no backlash but maybe relief lol.... He's a smashing player who caused us plenty of grief in his time up here.

6 hours ago, ancientnoise said:
When Killie were offered the fee for Souleymane Coulibaly we almost took the hand that held it too.  I'm pretty sure which I'd player I'd rather have. 
I think Moult is worth double that. Don't know if there's any add-ons in the deal, but still, free agent and all that. 

There’s a sell on % included according to our chairman. In fairness in the summer we were after a fee of around £750k or more but no one was willing to pay. Aberdeen enquired but couldn’t afford him and it seems clear that for all he played the game at the time the player wasn’t that interested and the club (rightly) weren’t going to go for their £300k offer.

I think we’re savvy enough to realise we’re not going to be getting £1m+ fees coming in so the best option is to back the player to continue to progress, in the same way the Marvin Johnson deal worked for us. £650k initial plus a % of the £3m he’s reported to have moved for. Considering that, like Moult, we brought him in for £40k then it’s a decent return. The hope is obviously that he continues to be ambitious and makes a go of it at Championship level.

Moult scored 4 of the 5 goals in the LC QF & SF. The cup run is reported to have brought in £1m so whilst it’s a team game and all that, you can directly link that income to him. £450k+ possible future income plus £1m in revenue/ prize money. All in all, we’ve done OK out of Moult this season (as likewise he has from Motherwell).

So after his man of the match performance on Wednesday, Frear’s now a doubt for this one too- with Carson, Hartley and Cadden all still out as well.

Given that and the way the two sides are playing at the minute, I’d be fairly happy with a point here to be honest. If I was betting man though, which I am to be fair, my money would be going on a home win.

Hopefully we can get a few more bodies back for the double header at home to Dundee and Accies, which is beginning to look like massive couple of games for us.  

1 hour ago, Casagolda said:

So after his man of the match performance on Wednesday, Frear’s now a doubt for this one too- with Carson, Hartley and Cadden all still out as well.

Given that and the way the two sides are playing at the minute, I’d be fairly happy with a point here to be honest. If I was betting man though, which I am to be fair, my money would be going on a home win.

Hopefully we can get a few more bodies back for the double header at home to Dundee and Accies, which is beginning to look like massive couple of games for us.  

Robinson said in his interview the Dundee game was more likely to get a couple of the injured guys back so hopefully we can get through tomorrow unscathed ideally with a result then we can hopefully go into the new year still in the top 6.

58 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Worryingly excited for this game. Obviously can't end well. 

Yep.  With all the doubt amongst the 'Well fans on this thread and our misplaced confidence, there's no way we'll win.  Fate conspires against Killie that way.

I'm actually nervous for this match today, yet again I'm always like this when I see Killie fans excited for a match and the opposition fans not feeling as confident. 

Also apologies if this has been mentioned previously, but for anyone going today, remember that you can donate a Christmas present for a child, outside either the Moffat stand or right next to the away end and the West Stand. 

Was it not a centre back pairing of Luke watt and Adam Cummins that day?

Ah, I was thinking of the more recent 2-1 win at Fir Park where we spent the week talking about how we should really be considering asking to postpone because of illness (i think the u20s game was called off on the Tuesday).

Ah, I was thinking of the more recent 2-1 win at Fir Park where we spent the week talking about how we should really be considering asking to postpone because of illness (i think the u20s game was called off on the Tuesday).

That rings a bell now you’ve posted it. It just shows you how high up on our mantelpiece Aberdeen used to be. Little bitches

Fucking hell...Carson, Hartley, Cadden, Moult, Frear all out. Campbell on the bench. Hammell, Fisher, Bigi and Tanner start.

Motherwell: Griffiths, Tait, Hammell, Grimshaw, Bigirimana, McHugh, Bowman, Fisher, Dunne, Kipre, Tanner
Motherwell subs: Xenodochov, Rose, Petravicius, Campbell, Newell, MacLean, Livingstone

442?

Griffiths
Tait Kipré Dunne Hammell
Grimshaw Bigirimana McHugh Tanner
Fisher Bowman 

Archived