Dundee vs Partick Thistle.

Some of the decisions against Moussa today were shocking. The 1 in the 1st half when the centrehalf went through him was a particular highlight of an inept refereeing performance. 

The referee was dreadful all game for both teams. He had no clue what was going on.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Sad to say probs FEB the poorest. I like the guy but he’s not contributing much imo.

I think we'd really struggle without his work rate on one of the wings. Bring in Allan in his position and I think the team and system would fall apart.

17 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Sad to say probs FEB the poorest. I like the guy but he’s not contributing much imo.

Spot on Fifespud.  Although if I remember correctly he passed to AJLS in the build up to the 2nd goal in a position where he would have normally shot.  There might, just might, be hope yet.

Probably our most comfortable game of the season and is exactly how the game at Firhill should have panned out if we weren’t so wasteful. 

Thistle were very poor. How on earth did Motherwell lose to them?

Probably our most comfortable game of the season and is exactly how the game at Firhill should have panned out if we weren’t so wasteful. 
Thistle were very poor. How on earth did Motherwell lose to them?

We scored 2 pens today and missed one in that match iirc. The complete failure of our strikers to score from open play is a big concern.

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Some of the decisions against Moussa today were shocking. The 1 in the 1st half when the centrehalf went through him was a particular highlight of an inept refereeing performance. 

He got booted and fouled the whole game, shouldn't have been booked either. Did Parish have a single save to make?

He got booted and fouled the whole game, shouldn't have been booked either. Did Parish have a single save to make?

You’re right. f**k knows why he was booked, it was a simple foul. Other than Cammy easily clearing one in the 6 yard box we weren’t really threatened. The lad with the Jesus hairdo looked decent.

Thought Gowser had a decent game.

Absolutely atrocious from us today. I’m one of the apparent few in the #ArchieOut camp because this season we have been consistently woeful. Everything was poor today, even down to Archie’s substitutions. Thought Sammon, alongside Barton, was one of our better performers, yet was brought off after an hour. Spittal is great when we’re leading or playing well, but when we’re chasing a game, he’s a total passenger, and should’ve been taken off.

I’ve said this in the Thistle season thread but Danny Devine is the worst centre half in the league. Looked nowhere near good enough since he signed, and he had another horror show today. Jordan Turnbull isn’t a left back, and I feel more and more sorry for him with every passing week, since he’s getting exposed more and more, when he is, in reality, the best centre half we currently have. Get Lawless back as left wing back, and move Turnbull to his proper position.

Fair play to Dundee, who looked decent today - was expecting a lot worse from them going on what I’d been reading about recent performances. Mark O’Hara, in particular, was outstanding, and the best player on the park today, I thought.

Thankfully I’m not going on Wednesday night. Celtic can just pick how many they want to score. Massive improvement needed in what is going to be a make or break two weeks, with Hamilton and Ross County both coming to Firhill.

Absolutely atrocious from us today. I’m one of the apparent few in the #ArchieOut camp because this season we have been consistently woeful. Everything was poor today, even down to Archie’s substitutions. Thought Sammon, alongside Barton, was one of our better performers, yet was brought off after an hour. Spittal is great when we’re leading or playing well, but when we’re chasing a game, he’s a total passenger, and should’ve been taken off.

I’ve said this in the Thistle season thread but Danny Devine is the worst centre half in the league. Looked nowhere near good enough since he signed, and he had another horror show today. Jordan Turnbull isn’t a left back, and I feel more and more sorry for him with every passing week, since he’s getting exposed more and more, when he is, in reality, the best centre half we currently have. Get Lawless back as left wing back, and move Turnbull to his proper position.

Fair play to Dundee, who looked decent today - was expecting a lot worse from them going on what I’d been reading about recent performances. Mark O’Hara, in particular, was outstanding, and the best player on the park today, I thought.

Thankfully I’m not going on Wednesday night. Celtic can just pick how many they want to score. Massive improvement needed in what is going to be a make or break two weeks, with Hamilton and Ross County both coming to Firhill.

Do you always play with a back 5? Your performance today was similar to the performances we put in with a back 5, you really need to have the correct players to play it. I've always thought Thistles team would be better suited to a back 4 as the full backs (especially today) aren't blessed with pace.

12 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Very pleasing victory. I thought Spanish Jon was our best player. Very composed and didn’t put a foot wrong. Not flashy in any way, just solid. I’m thinking one of the 2 Thistle fans in hospo was Jaxfox. Are you the fat bassa or the slim cunto JF?

3f729c4fa7cac5d275c935fc18e33d86.jpg

Im well proportioned. Thank you :lol:

One beer after game then steward said no more as my pal was swearing during the game. 

Archived