Queens v Dundee United

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TONTROOPER said:

I'm going for a narrow Queens win.United very fast through the middle (where we were posted missing on Sat) but not convinced about them defensively.We had one or two chances on Sat and failed to take them but generally,Morton lacked a cutting edge which I don't expect to be a problem for Queens on Saturday.

:bairn:bairn:bairn:bairn:bairn

Great opportunity to really solidify our position in the playoffs, this season just being somewhat consistent looks to be good enough, especially if we are able to get a run of games on over the winter rather than a pile up later in the season.

It's hard to really say whether Laszlo has made United better seeing as 3 out of the four league games he's been in charge of have been against struggling teams. But they still have a good side that on their day could beat us fairly comfortably . Naysmith has largely matched up well with United at least  in terms of performance. He should have beat them at Tannadice twice (bottling a 2 goal lead and a man advantage), a challenge cup semi where we didn't turn up until the second half and a comfortable win at the end of last season.  That being said Laszlo really can't be as much of a diddy as his predecessor.

I think for a home game, United probably aren't the worst team to be playing after last week, they'll have more of the ball which suits us just fine and we probably aren't going to come in complacent like if we were up against Dumbarton or Brechin so it's  about as good time to face a top of the table team as you can hope for.  All the pressure is on the opposition to win so hopefully we can sneak a win but I'd be quite happy with a draw.

18 hours ago, Marr1 said:

tbh I'll take a draw here, especially with Flood, Briels and Toshney out.

These were games we seemed to lose last season, away to teams in the play-off hunt, although a win here could pull us away from the rest, especially with Saints playing the Pars.

Flood maybe. Briels has been out for 2 months and played no part in our revival.  Surely Toshney out is a bonus. Terrible footballer and another one who has played no part in our upsurge. 

18 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

Flood maybe. Briels has been out for 2 months and played no part in our revival.  Surely Toshney out is a bonus. Terrible footballer and another one who has played no part in our upsurge. 

Flood definitely, Briels, heartfelt sorry for the boy, Toshney, happy if he never pulls on a tangerine jersey ever again. Utter fucking liability imo, and hopefully Csaba can see what Ray couldn't....

Only 1 thing is, Ray appeared to insist on playing him at RB which is clearly not his position, but nonetheless,  still no bathered if I never see him play for us again......

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Is Hick Bumpkin your MP?

Nah, he's the local country and western singer who gigs down the local social club most weekends. Quite good actually, especially after a few jars of moonshine.

6 minutes ago, NM_1919 said:

Don’t think our team should change after last weeks performance, gives us decent options off bench as well. Would take a draw

Gonnae no just let us beat you - The Premiership needs a strong Dundee United!! 8)

Archived