Queens v Dundee United

Very hard game  Dundee Utd have taken 16 out if 18 points in there last 6 games ..In Scott Fraser they have one of the best midfielders in the league think Utd  have the best squad and will go in and win the league.

Hopefully we can play as well as we did at Dunfermline.

Would love to see over 2000 Queens fans at the game but sadly it will be the normal 1200 home fans

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Euan is doing the Twitter updates again this week I'm tempted to give this one a miss and just follow it online.  I think someone at the club needs to have a word before it starts hitting attendances!

Joking aside this should be a good game, there have been a few crackers between the sides since United joined the division.  Last weekend has ramped up the expectation levels a bit ahead of this, but United are still overwhelming favourites which suits me fine.

Team selection should be easy enough, with last week's starting XI surely remaining in place.

I'm going for an optimistic 2-2 draw.

tbh I'll take a draw here, especially with Flood, Briels and Toshney out.

These were games we seemed to lose last season, away to teams in the play-off hunt, although a win here could pull us away from the rest, especially with Saints playing the Pars.

Big game for both teams. With some of the players utd has out this will show whether or not they are title contenders or just a playoff team. For us it shows whether or not we can be a playoff team come end of the season. Maybe even more.

Flash has pointed out before on match threads our worrying record against top teams. Tough ask but we are at least in decent form. Narrow win for queens.

6 hours ago, Marr1 said:

tbh I'll take a draw here, especially with Flood, Briels and Toshney out.

These were games we seemed to lose last season, away to teams in the play-off hunt, although a win here could pull us away from the rest, especially with Saints playing the Pars.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

1 hour ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Big game for both teams. With some of the players utd has out this will show whether or not they are title contenders or just a playoff team. For us it shows whether or not we can be a playoff team come end of the season. Maybe even more.

Flash has pointed out before on match threads our worrying record against top teams. Tough ask but we are at least in decent form. Narrow win for queens.

Saturday was our first win of the season v a top 4 side and first away win over a top 4 since Naysmith came in. Hopefully it means we have turned a corner. Losing this won’t really prove anything one way or the other because we can’t be expected to win every time, especially against the top team. 

Queen's result on Saturday has made this a very interesting tie.  I assume we will start with the same XI and someone will have a word in Robson's ear about making stupid decisions.

I would like to see McDonald get on the score sheet as it looks like his form has dropped a bit and he could do with a confidence boost.  We created a borrowload of shots on target against Morton and need to ensure a higher conversion rate.

Hopefully the weather will stay reasonable for both the travelling support and game itself.

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Queen's result on Saturday has made this a very interesting tie.  I assume we will start with the same XI and someone will have a word in Robson's ear about making stupid decisions.

I would like to see McDonald get on the score sheet as it looks like his form has dropped a bit and he could do with a confidence boost.  We created a borrowload of shots on target against Morton and need to ensure a higher conversion rate.

Hopefully the weather will stay reasonable for both the travelling support and game itself.

There's no real reason at this point to be concerned about the weather. It will be cold no doubt but with the 3G pitch it will be playable. Pitch was fine yesterday. Not sure about this morning given it was -6 overnight and they are good down to about -4 but it's not forecast to be any colder than -1 the rest of the week. There's no snow in Dumfries at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There's no real reason at this point to be concerned about the weather. It will be cold no doubt but with the 3G pitch it will be playable. Pitch was fine yesterday. Not sure about this morning given it was -6 overnight and they are good down to about -4 but it's not forecast to be any colder than -1 the rest of the week. There's no snow in Dumfries at the moment.

You will have to excuse my ignorance, I had no idea that you had an artificial pitch.

We actually have a fairly tough run of fixtures for the next few weeks with very few home games, so if we're still top at the end of that run I will be delighted. Both sides are in good form and it should be a great game. I'll go for a United win because I can't go to the game, because that's what tends to happen, but a draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world all things considered.

Not expecting any favours from Dunfermline against St Mirren, sadly.

16 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Big game this. Score draw.

Dangerous to say this on a United thread these days.... attracts all sorts of unwanted attention from our nasty neighbours, who love to pop on here and tell us it's not....

I think though that it is a vital game for both teams. It gives Quuens the chance to show that their demolition job on the Pars last week was more down to their brilliance than Dunfermline being horseshit.

If United win, 6 points from the last 2 away games (and 19/21 since Ray left) is proper promotion winning form. Agree with Sarto, if we are still top at the turn of the New Year, things will be looking very good, with an (on paper) easier run of games in January.

Could be really interesting, looking forward to it already....

51 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Dangerous to say this on a United thread these days.... attracts all sorts of unwanted attention from our nasty neighbours, who love to pop on here and tell us it's not....

I think though that it is a vital game for both teams. It gives Quuens the chance to show that their demolition job on the Pars last week was more down to their brilliance than Dunfermline being horseshit.

If United win, 6 points from the last 2 away games (and 19/21 since Ray left) is proper promotion winning form. Agree with Sarto, if we are still top at the turn of the New Year, things will be looking very good, with an (on paper) easier run of games in January.

Could be really interesting, looking forward to it already....

A draw against bottom-of-the-league Brechin, which could have easily been a defeat to Brechin, makes me wary of any game in this league being easy.....even on paper.

There has no doubt been a sea change since Csaba took over and it would be nice to build up a gap at the top, but I am very wary about taking anything for granted.

I am desperate for a win on Saturday because the idea of moving out of the top-of-the-league house in this cold weather is very unappealing.

6 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

I'm going for a narrow Queens win.United very fast through the middle (where we were posted missing on Sat) but not convinced about them defensively.We had one or two chances on Sat and failed to take them but generally,Morton lacked a cutting edge which I don't expect to be a problem for Queens on Saturday.

Archived