Rovers v Rovers

Just about warmed up. Bloody freezing tonight

Good solid performance and a great 3 points. Agree that Furtado is an excellent signing. He's really livened up our attack and Zanatta returning is another boost. Starting to feel positive about the rest of the season although no doubt there will be a few twists and turns yet

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at this one, covering it for Kingdom FM and I thought it was a decent match, all things considered. 

Credit to the ground staff and the volunteers who got the game on, btw; it was vital Raith did to ramp up the pressure on Ayr and they've certainly done that. 

I felt Raith started the stronger and done well in the opening 15 minutes before Albion got back into the game. 

For a 15-20 minute spell, they began bossing things a wee bit without actually testing Lennox. 

Raith ended the half strongly so it was a surprise to see them concede very early into the second period. A poor goal to lose but they certainly didn't let it affect them. 

I think fresh legs and full-time training really did it in the end with Albion struggling to do much in the forward areas after Herron had made it 2-1. I think Raith's win was deserved and a two goal margin is probably about right. 

You can read my full thoughts, here.

Interestingly, it took Brian Kerr almost 30 minutes to appear from the dressing room, with the Albion gaffer not appearing for press duties until 10:15pm. He was holding clear the air talks with his squad in the away dressing room, following tonight's match. 

6 hours ago, dafcburty said:

I was at this one, covering it for Kingdom FM and I thought it was a decent match, all things considered. 

Credit to the ground staff and the volunteers who got the game on, btw; it was vital Raith did to ramp up the pressure on Ayr and they've certainly done that. 

I felt Raith started the stronger and done well in the opening 15 minutes before Albion got back into the game. 

For a 15-20 minute spell, they began bossing things a wee bit without actually testing Lennox. 

Raith ended the half strongly so it was a surprise to see them concede very early into the second period. A poor goal to lose but they certainly didn't let it affect them. 

I think fresh legs and full-time training really did it in the end with Albion struggling to do much in the forward areas after Herron had made it 2-1. I think Raith's win was deserved and a two goal margin is probably about right. 

You can read my full thoughts, here.

Interestingly, it took Brian Kerr almost 30 minutes to appear from the dressing room, with the Albion gaffer not appearing for press duties until 10:15pm. He was holding clear the air talks with his squad in the away dressing room, following tonight's match. 

Tell Brian Kerr to print out nasty posts from P&B and pin them up in the dressing room. That usually gets results.

On 07/02/2018 at 23:35, Hank Scorpio said:

Am I being daft, or does the highlights not show Furtado’s 25 yards shot off the underside of the bar?

Yeah was surprised that wasn’t included - but it was offside so maybe that’s why. Good highlights though and a thouroghly depressing record of perhaps our worse defensive performance of the season - and that’s saying something.

Archived