Rovers v Rovers

A total joke of a reason that it’s called off got not having it for my covered to not having a linesman run on a bit of hard grass. 

On the the plus side I was a doubt for the game myself so absolutely delighted it’s off

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, foreverarover said:

Why can't the linesman run along the gravel area off the pitch.

Suspect that would ge equally as frozen as touchline

We could have played the game without an assistant on railway stand side,the tend to be fukin useless or non existent anyway

2 hours ago, foreverarover said:

Why can't the linesman run along the gravel area off the pitch.

It was frozen at parts as well. 

The camber on the pitch was pushing the water to the sides. I'm not sure the covers would have had much of an impact anyway. 

Going by what the ref saw, it was entirely the correct decision to call it off. 

On the bright side that's one less game for Smith before his contract is up..........

I suspect he’ll be signed for the remainder of the season come January. If so we can look forward to part time football next season.

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

I suspect he’ll be signed for the remainder of the season come January. If so we can look forward to part time football next season.

If we waste a wage on Smith when we have Lennox and Brian available I'll be questioning the manager's sanity and the board's decision to allow it. 

Doubt I'll be alone with that. 

• 1 month later...

Albion didn’t score up in Arbroath interestingly. I believe they were on some sort of run scoring away from home. I think we’re playing this game at the perfect time as we can take a lot of confidence from yesterday’s win and Albion appear to be on the slide. I’m quite confident we’ll take all three points, but you never really know with the Rovers I guess.

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Every time either ourselves or Ayr seem to have a chance to really press home an advantage it all goes to pot. Hopefully we buck that trend this time.

Indeed. Huge game to stick a marker down and get the players believing even more.

3 hours ago, Enigma said:

Albion didn’t score up in Arbroath interestingly. I believe they were on some sort of run scoring away from home. I think we’re playing this game at the perfect time as we can take a lot of confidence from yesterday’s win and Albion appear to be on the slide. I’m quite confident we’ll take all three points, but you never really know with the Rovers I guess.

Aye 2 in every away game I think - glad that's still not a thing! Agree with all of this as well. 

I'm looking forward to the game, but I'm also nervous in that it has all the same markings of the Stranraer game a few weeks ago. A team who are out of luck, against us where we have a stronger team that in the original fixture and we have a real chance to open up a gap at the top. With that said, we've got Dario back and Furtado looked excellent on Saturday so hopefully he has a solid home debut.

Assuming Robbo and Mathews are still out I would expect to see the same team - and am very happy with that as well. It wpould be nice to see a bit more of Hendry to see whether he is an asset for the run in or a mistake!]]

Would also like to see Bene get a decent amount of game time (unless its very tight and we don't want to re-jig the defence).

Archived