Rovers v Rovers

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is it down the road?  Going by Met Office the temp should be a few above freezing by end of the week, would hope the game would be on? Provided the pitch isn’t already absolutely fucked by frost. 

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

How is it down the road?  Going by Met Office the temp should be a few above freezing by end of the week, would hope the game would be on? Provided the pitch isn’t already absolutely fucked by frost. 

I'd suspect the pitch might already be frozen and would be surprised if it thawed out enough by Saturday. I'm not a groundsman so I could be talking out my arse mind you.

I know we’ve been good at home but given Albion Rovers somewhat bizarre record of scoring at least twice in every away match, I could see us dropping points here. I just can’t see where we’ll score three goals from in any given match, let alone if we go behind. Could be a similar match to Cliftonhill if we lose the first goal.

Could be off though. The pitch will almost definitely be frozen just now so it’ll need a couple of days over zero to thaw out. Might not be the worst thing if we can play it in March where you’d hope we have a stronger squad.

The frost must be pretty well set in after the last few days. The forecast is for slightly milder conditions for the next couple of days but I'm doubtful it will be enough to thaw the pitch out.

It's a sign of the times that I'm even saying this, but I would also be quite glad if the match is postponed given our current injury/form issues.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

I know we’ve been good at home but given Albion Rovers somewhat bizarre record of scoring at least twice in every away match, I could see us dropping points here. I just can’t see where we’ll score three goals from in any given match, let alone if we go behind. Could be a similar match to Cliftonhill if we lose the first goal.

Could be off though. The pitch will almost definitely be frozen just now so it’ll need a couple of days over zero to thaw out. Might not be the worst thing if we can play it in March where you’d hope we have a stronger squad.

Don't think it would be the worst decision if the Ref called this off,  weather apart there are  other reasons, injuries etc , we are , as a team, "aff the bile".

Our current form shows just how much we miss the likes of Bene et al, and have no replacement players of that standard.

Flip side is we will likely find ourselves 8 points off the pace if the games off. We don't want to be playing Ayr in Jan with them able to open up a massive gap if they beat us (regardless of games in hand, they mean f**k all)

Archived