Matchday 17

MichaelJayPark

MD16_Fixtures.thumb.jpg.1a4b9962daf60fc84a3c922f4531e6e3.jpg

After a few surprises and downright upsets in the league last weekend, this is a big weekend for the top three who all face difficult away trips. There are a few interesting fixtures in the bottom six too, not least at Victoria Park where in form Edusport will be looking to put one over on Vale of Leithen. Hawick Royal Albert are in desperate need of some Christmas cheer but face a tough trip to Ferguson Park against Whitehill Welfare.

Let me know what you're thinking about this weekend's big games and big talking points and I'll include some of them in this week's SLFL Preview! :)

The big question this weekend is how many fixtures will actually go ahead? With freezing temperatures forecast for most of the week will the games at Selkirk, Vale, Welfare and Edinburgh Uni. fall foul? After a disappointing result on Saturday against Shire this is a must win for BSC if we are to stay in contention. It won't be easy as the students will be buzzing after that fantastic away win against the current champions.

1 hour ago, Jerry Macguire said:

The big question this weekend is how many fixtures will actually go ahead? With freezing temperatures forecast for most of the week will the games at Selkirk, Vale, Welfare and Edinburgh Uni. fall foul? After a disappointing result on Saturday against Shire this is a must win for BSC if we are to stay in contention. It won't be easy as the students will be buzzing after that fantastic away win against the current champions.

Edinburgh University have an exceptional record at getting games on! 

3 hours ago, MichaelJayPark said:

MD16_Fixtures.thumb.jpg.1a4b9962daf60fc84a3c922f4531e6e3.jpg

After a few surprises and downright upsets in the league last weekend, this is a big weekend for the top three who all face difficult away trips. There are a few interesting fixtures in the bottom six too, not least at Victoria Park where in form Edusport will be looking to put one over on Vale of Leithen. Hawick Royal Albert are in desperate need of some Christmas cheer but face a tough trip to Ferguson Park against Whitehill Welfare.

Let me know what you're thinking about this weekend's big games and big talking points and I'll include some of them in this week's SLFL Preview! :)

Depends on what ww team turn up on the day. Played some good football this season but swept aside too easy at times as well, disappointing last Saturday at Annan. Hawick on the other hand have nothing to lose and got to get points on the board sometime. 

I have my doubts about the game going ahead though. 

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Depends on what ww team turn up on the day. Played some good football this season but swept aside too easy at times as well, disappointing last Saturday at Annan. Hawick on the other hand have nothing to lose and got to get points on the board sometime. 

I have my doubts about the game going ahead though. 

Park absolutely frozen solid all day and a bit of snow this afternoon. Forecast not good at all. 

Getting to that time of the season when its important for those at the top to keep winning so they dont lose touch and also dont leave the door open for some of the chasers who may go on a run.

After last weekends results its clear that surprises are possible and looking forward to some cracking ties up and down the league.

5 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Edinburgh University have an exceptional record at getting games on! 

Since it opened 4yrs ago I think they've had 1-2 snowed/frozen off and 0 waterlogged. It's kept in immaculate condition and must be in a warm patch... that or Nairns has a huge hot air outlet!

9am Pitch Inspection ahead of tomorrow's game

Ferguson Park has been frozen for most of the week and Andrew Renwick has just had another look at it this morning. The photo here shows it remains frozen and this mornings snow / sleet / rain has left puddles on top of the surface. As per protocol we will wait until tomorrow morning to make a final decision but we have contacted Hawick to let them know we expect it to merely be a formality. 

We will have an update as soon as we know in the morning.

IMG_1619.JPG

20 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

(Read this in a deep, movie-trailer voice...).

Even plastic isn't immune to this cold and ice - 9am inspection at Gala.

Our u20s game was called off last night too Hibee so much frost and ice around when the sun goes down. 

Archived