Livi v Morton

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Get this game on or its decorating for me.

Seen an old utube of Ton v Rangers in 70's, pitch hard as rock and part snow covered are they men or prema donas?

I think the popular saying is..........health and safety gone mad. Or is it political correctness?:blink:

I remember playing football on tarmac and rugby on frozen ground - don't remember many broken bones as a result.

Mind you we were more worried about the heavy wet leather ball knocking you senseless and leaving an indelible print of laces on your forehead so that might explain it. Nothing like a good dose of concussion to bring out the nostalgia mode.

1 hour ago, Paisley Ton said:

Get this game on or its decorating for me.

Seen an old utube of Ton v Rangers in 70's, pitch hard as rock and part snow covered are they men or prema donas?

1985. Morton captain was Jim Duffy.  Somewhere on YouTube there’s a Killie goal at Scapa with the pitch totally white.

We played in a blizzard at Forfar with the home side having to dig out a red ball - which got launched out the park. A yellow ball then appeared and was also launched out the park. I remember a certain Ton fan stripping to the waist and dancing in the snow that day....

49 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye, looks like it's going to be decorating for you. 

Maybe the solvate will freeze, might have to turn the heating off and open a few windows.

Anyway looking on the bright side will be able to dodge the last minute Christmas shopping.

On 13/12/2017 at 12:57, Ton in Shawlands said:

Nearest we've had to that in recent years was that farce at Alloa a couple of years back, abandoned late on with the snow on their (narrowed) artificial pitch.

It looked far dodgier/dangerous watching people trying to run & turn on that rather than proper grass.

Remember about 10 years ago an away game at Forfar, the fog was so bad we couldn’t see the other end of the pitch.  Standing behind the goal we were shooting in to and Forfar hit the post. We didn’t see it, only hear the thud of the ball striking the post then “ooohhhhhhhh” from the home support :lol: 

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Wish they'd done that with you when you were born.

Don't mind him. He can't talk about the game because  a ) Livi are above us in the league,  b )  they've beaten us twice already this season and  c ) he hates Hopkin for some reason and predicted he'd  be a dismal failure as a manager. 

Archived