John 'Tiger' Shaw

archieb

Notice from Pollok F C:

We are devastated to report that John ‘Tiger’ Shaw, our dear friend and colleague, passed away yesterday evening at the age of 94.

John was a much-loved figure at Newlandsfield and around the wider junior football fraternity. He will be greatly missed by us all.

One of the great characters not only at Lok but in junior football.Welcomed everyone to Newlandsfield with a smile and a joke and up until fairly recently was working away serving the teas and coffees before during and after games.He was an institution at Lok and leaves a massive gap.

5 hours ago, archieb said:
Notice from Pollok F C:

We are devastated to report that John ‘Tiger’ Shaw, our dear friend and colleague, passed away yesterday evening at the age of 94.

John was a much-loved figure at Newlandsfield and around the wider junior football fraternity. He will be greatly missed by us all.

Totally agree.  Lovely man. Our thoughts at this time should be with his family.

RIP,

An absolute gent of  man, always up for a chat and a bit of banter, had a heart of gold and hollow legs, as I found to my cost on a few occasions. It wont be the same at Lie v Lok games without seeing him, thoughts with his family and all at Pollok, I hope they have the bar well stocked up stairs for you Tiger.

Archived