Alloa Athletic vs Arbroath

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FFTC the charity group that runs the pitch at Bayview have been told by the pitch installer than under no circumstances should snow be scraped off the pitch. Apparently the amount of rubber it lifts would have a detrimental affect on its performance! Must be different stuff at the Recs.

For the info of any Arbroath supporters thinking of going to Alloa on Tuesday night (if it’s on), please be aware that there are no concessions other than for youngsters 15 and under or older folks over 65.

16 or 17 year olds still at school pay full price £16, as I think do students and unemployed. There is no mention of a parent and child gate either.

If I were to go tomorrow with my sons (one a student and one 17 and still at school, neither would pass as a 15year old unfortunately) entry would cost a staggering £48 plus travel costs!

Yet, if we were away supporters visiting Gayfield entry would cost only £30. 

We never went to the Alloa v Arbroath game last July (match attendance 311) out of principal and it appears that Alloa’s admission policies haven’t changed so we’ll be watching PSG v Real Madrid on TV tomorrow night instead of going to the game

For the info of any Arbroath supporters thinking of going to Alloa on Tuesday night (if it’s on), please be aware that there are no concessions other than for youngsters 15 and under or older folks over 65.
16 or 17 year olds still at school pay full price £16, as I think do students and unemployed. There is no mention of a parent and child gate either.
If I were to go tomorrow with my sons (one a student and one 17 and still at school, neither would pass as a 15year old unfortunately) entry would cost a staggering £48 plus travel costs!
We never went to the Alloa v Arbroath game last July (match attendance 311) out of principal and it appears that Alloa’s admission policies haven’t changed so we’ll be watching PSG v Real Madrid on TV tomorrow night instead of going to the game

Aye £16 to get into that shithole in what was essentially a glorified friendly was shite. Il miss tomorrow unfortunately but at least il save some cash

Is there a pitch inspection scheduled?. Been told Stirling area is becoming water logged ..

It is very wet here, but with an artificial pitch, I doubt anything to worry about. Also means there will be less snow (if any) for Jock to clear.

19 minutes ago, scillybirder said:

Is there a pitch inspection scheduled?. Been told Stirling area is becoming water logged ..

We've got extra pumps in to help with draining the pitch plan is to run them right through the game. Snow's still not cleared so we'll get a better picture after.

Alot of it has melted since yesterday. The only area that doesn't do well with lots of water is the bottom corner but with pumps running everything will be fine. 

16 hours ago, mountzionbrae said:

tear to a glass eye stuff

Archived