Alloa Athletic vs Arbroath

I take it, going by that comment, then the game next week will definitely be on, regardless of temperature?

Tbf it will be because we now have covers, unless there’s a hurricane.

I don’t think it’s embarassing though there’s nothing Alloa could really do they’ve invested in a 4g Park they shouldn’t have to get covers too. Would be unworkable to because they’d need put down every night and lifted every morning with the pitch being booked out.

Last week was worse, Albion not having full size pitch covers is very poor.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Tbf it will be because we now have covers, unless there’s a hurricane.

I don’t think it’s embarassing though there’s nothing Alloa could really do they’ve invested in a 4g Park they shouldn’t have to get covers too. Would be unworkable to because they’d need put down every night and lifted every morning with the pitch being booked out.

Last week was worse, Albion not having full size pitch covers is very poor.

Alloa and Albion's loss really. Both games would have attracted decent crowds with travelling support. Midweek rescheduled games will be poorly attended. 

Next week at Gayfield will probably be gales and rain, but go ahead. It's no mystery why crowds are dwindling.

At least this game was called off for legitimate reasons Falkirk managed to get our game off  despite a game having been played on the pitch the night before and temps during the night just on or above freezing and it was 3 degrees when it was called off at 11.30am meant to be playable down to -7 shocking decision 

Cmon now. You don’t think they’ve just called it off for no reason do you?

I’m guessing the game on Friday probably shouldn’t have been played..

3 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

At least this game was called off for legitimate reasons Falkirk managed to get our game off  despite a game having been played on the pitch the night before and temps during the night just on or above freezing and it was 3 degrees when it was called off at 11.30am meant to be playable down to -7 shocking decision 

That's they fancy Billy Big-Baws Championship clubs for you. Bet you wish you'd stayed down now, eh?

I notice Isaac Layne's scored a few for you this season - how's he getting on? Never looked like a Championship level player for us, so it'd be nice to think he's kicked on.

5 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

That's they fancy Billy Big-Baws Championship clubs for you. Bet you wish you'd stayed down now, eh?

I notice Isaac Layne's scored a few for you this season - how's he getting on? Never looked like a Championship level player for us, so it'd be nice to think he's kicked on.

If we can clear our loses from previous season then our year up will be worth it ,we have been so near and yet so far in lots of games and are a better side than we were in the first division if we hang on to the bulk of the squad we will be a handful when we are down with the diddies again :lol:

I was one that really thought that Issac has something about him, but at the start of the season he was very poor and did not feature much but he has steadily improved in recent games and was especially excellent  against both Dundee Utd & St Mirren and gave them lots of problems, its not his skill thats in doubt its his work rate & playing as part of a team both of which have improved dramatically, Dods must be getting thru to him. Hopefully he can keep it going

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This game got a chance of being on?

Given Mike Mulraney posted on twitter Friday that the pitch could have been cleared for yesterday's game, were it not for transport difficulties forcing a postponement, I would say there is a chance.
Hopefully a decision will be made tomorrow, rather than leaving us guessing on Tuesday.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

This game got a chance of being on?

By the conditions today  we'll have it on. Rains helping clear some snow. Tuesday night is plenty of time to have the park cleared for.

23 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Looking forward to it. Same team that played Raith for me, had plenty of time to recover now.

It 100 percent cannot be worse than the last game the 2 sides produced. emoji23.png

100 percent correct :shutup

14 minutes ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

Just seen the tweet from John G showing the indodrill pitch still covered in snow and announcement of tonight’s Alloa development game vs Livingston postponed.  

Doesn’t seem like it is looking good for tomorrow?

We're good at snow. They thought that they could clear it on Saturday but that it would be like 6ft tall at the side of the pitch. And more than that the surrounding areas were just the same. Things are substantially better here than Saturday and the snow is melting.

The guys wont work all day for a youth game though. It's not really that important. 

Archived