Alloa Athletic vs Arbroath

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

We had a game off against QoS at this time 5 years ago. Word was that the club disagreed with the ref that time.

I had travelled down the road for that game and was planning on coming tomorrow. By the sounds of things it's not worth buying train tickets and taking a chance. 

I did tell Robert I thought there was a game that was off then but I thought he would remember better than me!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Waspie said:

We had a game off against QoS at this time 5 years ago. Word was that the club disagreed with the ref that time.

I had travelled down the road for that game and was planning on coming tomorrow. By the sounds of things it's not worth buying train tickets and taking a chance. 

I thought we had one against Cowdenbeath that season too around the same time as the Stirling one...

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Game off! That’s fucking embarrassing

Can't see how it's embarrassing. Chairman has tweeted that even salting the park didn't work on sheet ice. If Alloa can't get a game on then it must be bad.

Pain in the arse but grateful for a decision before I bought a train ticket.

I sympathise with Alloa that they've been defeated by an unusual combination of wet then freezing conditions. It doesn't alter the fact that for a second Saturday in a row we've lost a game when weather conditions are perfect for football. With the accurate forecasts we now have , protecting the playing surface should surely be possible?

15 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

I sympathise with Alloa that they've been defeated by an unusual combination of wet then freezing conditions. It doesn't alter the fact that for a second Saturday in a row we've lost a game when weather conditions are perfect for football. With the accurate forecasts we now have , protecting the playing surface should surely be possible?

I mean the next preventative thing we could do would be to invest in covers. But if covers are only going to save 1% of all games when they are on are they worth the outlay? Second point is this is a community pitch used every night of the week. The rain happened on Tuesday (or was it Wednesday?) while the pitch was being used. The ground would still have frozen up as  it has dropped to below freezing every night since.  I don't think covers are a solution for a park like ours.

Archived