Alloa Athletic vs Arbroath

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Ffs.

Checking forecast and it’s above freezing all day today and all night, according to Met office.

Chances of it being off? Has a pitch inspection been called?

I'll wander across and take a look. The place will get salted probably but we'll see in the morning.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Cheers. Appreciated.

2 games and 3 whole weeks without football will be too tough to take. ☹️

I'm actually not confident it will be on now. The rubber crumb is just one giant layer stuck together that means the ground is very hard. There's maybe 3mm clearance on the grass so it doesn't look bad but when you stand on it, it is very hard. The run off areas with the old astroturf is just an ice rink especially by the main stand side corner flags. 

I reckon if Sunday's rain and higher temperatures was tomorrow the game would be on. As it stands another couple hours of sunlight might make a little difference but the main stand is already shading about 1/8th of the pitch so there are areas that won't thaw more until tomorrow morning.

I'm actually not confident it will be on now. The rubber crumb is just one giant layer stuck together that means the ground is very hard. There's maybe 3mm clearance on the grass so it doesn't look bad but when you stand on it, it is very hard. The run off areas with the old astroturf is just an ice rink especially by the main stand side corner flags. 
I reckon if Sunday's rain and higher temperatures was tomorrow the game would be on. As it stands another couple hours of sunlight might make a little difference but the main stand is already shading about 1/8th of the pitch so there are areas that won't thaw more until tomorrow morning.

Cheers. Oh well atleast I’ll save a bit of cash.

Probably be an inspection announced soon then.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Cheers. Oh well atleast I’ll save a bit of cash.

Probably be an inspection announced soon then.

Noone is in just so I doubt there'll be news on it tonight. My bet is the inspection will be called tomorrow morning after the grounds opened up at 9-9:30. I'm in at 8:30 so I'll go across then and see what it's like.  

Scratch that pitch inspection tomorrow at 10am. I'm told that this will be the first time in 10 years that a game has been called off. We've never had a game off for snow barring the late blizzard against Morton in the 80th minute. The only  game called off for fog was against Stirling Albion.

Checked and  that was 31st December 2009

We had a game off against QoS at this time 5 years ago. Word was that the club disagreed with the ref that time.

I had travelled down the road for that game and was planning on coming tomorrow. By the sounds of things it's not worth buying train tickets and taking a chance. 

Scratch that pitch inspection tomorrow at 10am. I'm told that this will be the first time in 10 years that a game has been called off. We've never had a game off for snow barring the late blizzard against Morton in the 80th minute. The only  game called off for fog was against Stirling Albion.
Checked and  that was 31st December 2009

Thanks for the updates mate.

We had a game off against QoS at this time 5 years ago. Word was that the club disagreed with the ref that time.
I had travelled down the road for that game and was planning on coming tomorrow. By the sounds of things it's not worth buying train tickets and taking a chance. 

Works night out tonight. Might just kick the arse out of it..

Archived