Hearts v Dundee

5 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I can't see us having much cash to pay extra wages in January, never mind transfer fees, tbh.

What's happened with Wighton, btw - haven't heard his name in ages? 

Ruptured ligaments in the summer. He's just getting back into full time training now, I think.

I doubt there's anything in the Holt thing but he's out of contract at the end of the season and I can't see him getting/accepting an extension given the fact he's now second choice. As for Bain you can have the c**t for free in January, we just want rid of him.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Holt's not that bad tbh. He's nothing spectacular but is alright most weeks without ever doing anything worth shouting about. A Callum Booth type.

It's no wonder why Hearts are regressing so much if that's the sort of signing they're making, however.

It's a sign that the only left back at the club is a school kid tbf.

Apparently Bain gave our team lines away to the Hibs team a few days before we played them (I don't know the manner in which it was done) and Neil Lennon dobbed him in. He's a player that will cause trouble wherever he goes regardless if that is true or not and is poisonous. Hearts managed to cope with Scot Gardiner, so I'm sure Bain would be fine.

Kevin Holt would just be a laughable signing. If he was heading to Hearts in January it'd be with some sort of fee which regardless of how small the fee is, would be amazing business by ourselves. I think any Dundee fan would think that Holt's next club would be back in the Scottish Championship than to a bigger club and league rival.

He told Dylan Mcgeouch the team/tactics/maybe both I don't know, who then told Neil Lennon who told McCann that someone had grassed.

I've defended him in the past, even when he was still playing for us but clearly had some form of attitude problem, but it's completely unforgivable and he can f**k off.

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

Holt's not that bad tbh. He's nothing spectacular but is alright most weeks without ever doing anything worth shouting about. A Callum Booth type.

It's no wonder why Hearts are regressing so much if that's the sort of signing they're making, however.

Like Bain, a pair of clowns, more interested in fucking about with sleeve tattoos.

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

So he is a grass and an arsehole ?
Get him to f**k

Not too mention the fact that Bain also fell out with Hartley (regardless of what one thinks of PH, falling out with two managers in a row is a pattern), and a large section of our own fans by demonstrably telling the fans to shove it with gestures etc.

He also got picked for the Scotland squad then bowed out with an injury only to be seen then littering his social media with snaps of him and his pals drinking and at the beach etc. Regardless of whether he was actually injured or not it was pretty poor form especially considering he played the last game before the call up so it just looked bad.

On top of all that his play has only regressed over the last two seasons, and the clincher is we're better over the last two seasons without him. Over that period Bains played roughly 38 league games, and had like 2 clean sheets while Mitchell (now at Falkirk) and Parish have 3 clean sheets over 8 games. 

For a guy that was playing part time with Alloa a few years ago he doesn't seem very grateful for the opportunity Dundee FC and Hartley gave him, and the sooner he is permanently move on then the sooner he becomes someone else's problem.

Holt would be a pretty uninspiring signing for Hearts tbh. He’s a decent player at this level but is pretty suspect defensively and pretty average going forward/poor when he’s low on confidence. Jon has look much more assured since he came in and we’ve looked better defensively for it. The only worry is that Holt is our only back up in that position.

18 hours ago, CanadianDee said:

Not too mention the fact that Bain also fell out with Hartley (regardless of what one thinks of PH, falling out with two managers in a row is a pattern), and a large section of our own fans by demonstrably telling the fans to shove it with gestures etc.

He also got picked for the Scotland squad then bowed out with an injury only to be seen then littering his social media with snaps of him and his pals drinking and at the beach etc. Regardless of whether he was actually injured or not it was pretty poor form especially considering he played the last game before the call up so it just looked bad.

On top of all that his play has only regressed over the last two seasons, and the clincher is we're better over the last two seasons without him. Over that period Bains played roughly 38 league games, and had like 2 clean sheets while Mitchell (now at Falkirk) and Parish have 3 clean sheets over 8 games. 

For a guy that was playing part time with Alloa a few years ago he doesn't seem very grateful for the opportunity Dundee FC and Hartley gave him, and the sooner he is permanently move on then the sooner he becomes someone else's problem.

I think that's a pretty thorough and balanced view on the situation. Good post.

2 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

We're no signing Holt.   

You could do a lot worse than sign Holt (not saying you will or won't). He's certainly not a bad player despite getting a hard time from some sections of the Dundee support. IMO, he's consistently got better.

Saying that, not entirely bothered if we lose him. 

McCann to punch levein in the puss please.

It could be an interesting contest

Levein is 10 years older but McCann is giving away a few pounds and a few inches and we’ve seen what happened to Graeme Hogg when he went toe to toe

I struggle to see Sir Neil winning this but if it’s going to happen he’s got to keep bobbing and weaving, ensuring the fight is on his terms.

Holt would be a pretty uninspiring signing for Hearts tbh. He’s a decent player at this level but is pretty suspect defensively and pretty average going forward/poor when he’s low on confidence. Jon has look much more assured since he came in and we’ve looked better defensively for it. The only worry is that Holt is our only back up in that position.

[emoji23]

So he's a "decent" defender who is "suspect defensively and "average/poor going forward"

Can you inform me of the decent part of that comment . [emoji57]

Hmmm, we've looked a lot better the last few games and Hearts appear to be unable to get any kind of momentum going this season.

1-1, El Bak to open the scoring, Hearts to get an equaliser from a shoddily-defended corner.

12 fans to die of hypothermia and 3 to fall through the cracks in the new main stand...

29 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

emoji23.png

So he's a "decent" defender who is "suspect defensively and "average/poor going forward"

Can you inform me of the decent part of that comment . emoji57.png

I said decent player, not a decent defender. By that I mean he sometimes looks as though he's turned a corner but never really kicks on and plays at that level consistently. There have been some games where he's defended well and then others where he looks way out of his depth, that's all I meant by it. 

22 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Hmmm, we've looked a lot better the last few games and Hearts appear to be unable to get any kind of momentum going this season.

1-1, El Bak to open the scoring, Hearts to get an equaliser from a shoddily-defended corner.

12 fans to die of hypothermia and 3 to fall through the cracks in the new main stand...

Try to keep it quiet about the crack in the main stand, the junkies will come out in force!

Levein is 10 years older but McCann is giving away a few pounds and a few inches and we’ve seen what happened to Graeme Hogg when he went toe to toe

I struggle to see Sir Neil winning this but if it’s going to happen he’s got to keep bobbing and weaving, ensuring the fight is on his terms.

Who would the Hearts fans want to win?

Who would the Hearts fans want to win?

Archived