The Buddies v Dunfermline

Is there any defensive instinct in Martin? Also Nat has been like playing like a man down recently.
Martin cost us a goal at Falkirk the last time he played in defence and was ironically cheered off, rather harshly, by our fans last week.
The whole team looks disjointed and apart from Clark our best players look shakey at best. If Higgy and Cardle don't play up we just seem to fall to pieces with no idea what to do. The win against Saints seems like a different season.
Last season turned on the signings of Clark and Herron, we need some more midfielders in now.

There's plenty defensive instinct in Martin, a hell of allot more than Paton and Shiels.

Nat has indeed been poor which is why he isn't in my team, I don't rate him at all in a 442.

Martin is the boo boy at the moment, he's never been forgiven for that mistake against Falkirk, ironically most fans will have already forgotten about Ashcrofts mistake already.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

There's plenty defensive instinct in Martin, a hell of allot more than Paton and Shiels.

Nat has indeed been poor which is why he isn't in my team, I don't rate him at all in a 442.

Martin is the boo boy at the moment, he's never been forgiven for that mistake against Falkirk, ironically most fans will have already forgotten about Ashcrofts mistake already.

It's an easy, lazy and popular option to take digs at Martin. In reality he adapted to a new position and played well up at Tanadice when he was given a specific role to stop Fyvie playing, he also played at left back at the start of the season very well, particularly against top flight Hearts. The way we play in central midfield doesn't suit anyone and leaves whoever is the 'sitter' exposed and overrun. Johnston hung him out to dry on Saturday when he took Nat off and incedently Martins development as a player seemed to stall around the time The Weggie Pep came in. Personally think a proper coach coming in could develop Martin into a decent player like he was progressing towards a couple of years ago. 

Sorry I just don't rate him at this level. I've seen him several times make basic positional errors or sending offs that led to games getting lost for us. I do agree about being hung out to dry and felt sorry for him on Saturday. I'm not saying my formation is  the answer just that Martin isn't either imo. We really need a player in asap.

29 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Sorry I just don't rate him at this level. I've seen him several times make basic positional errors or sending offs that led to games getting lost for us. I do agree about being hung out to dry and felt sorry for him on Saturday. I'm not saying my formation is  the answer just that Martin isn't either imo. We really need a player in asap.

Footballs all about opinions, he's certainly made errors I just think there's a player in there that we were starting to see when he got a run in the side a few years ago. Possibly end up like another Shaun Byrne. It's refreshing to see we have some fans looking for alternative formations ect rather than just rolling out the 'in AJ we trust' slogan and burying heads in the sand to our current crisis ala the board/fans who foolishly think we are due AJ some weird kind of loyalty so please dont think I was criticising your suggestions bud. 

33 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Do you like anyone at the club?

Burty and the rest of the Pars TV guys. Provide a great professional service for people and seem like genuine good folk who clearly care about the club. Thanks. 

It's an easy, lazy and popular option to take digs at Martin. In reality he adapted to a new position and played well up at Tanadice when he was given a specific role to stop Fyvie playing, he also played at left back at the start of the season very well, particularly against top flight Hearts. The way we play in central midfield doesn't suit anyone and leaves whoever is the 'sitter' exposed and overrun. Johnston hung him out to dry on Saturday when he took Nat off and incedently Martins development as a player seemed to stall around the time The Weggie Pep came in. Personally think a proper coach coming in could develop Martin into a decent player like he was progressing towards a couple of years ago. 

It’s definitely not personal though, right?

12 minutes ago, smpar said:

It’s definitely not personal though, right?

What an embarrassingly tragic comment to make after one win in nine and getting pumped 5 (going on 8)-2 off Queen of the South at home. Imagine having the brass neck to still pretend I have some personal vandetta against a manager who has overseen such an awful run :lol: Good old facts eh. 

If this was Potter in charge not one of you would be on defending him. Only Pars fans would come on a forum defending a manager who has overseen one win in nine, an entire quarter of a season. This burying our heads in the sand and ignoring blatant facts is what nearly cost us our club and yet some of you lot still feel we shouldn't question anything from the board and back their decisions without query. In truth they've entrusted the playing future of our club to someone proving week on week that he is not capable of the job. Nothing personal simply stating the facts that are there for everyone to see. Guess we will just need to wait until crowds start dwindling and no tampering with figures from the BOD will make a difference.

Before anyone mentions 'the great start' and how no one complained then, we have now only won a single game more than our number of defeats. The rot has set in and, as predicted, that good start now counts for nothing. Johnston as the facts show is out of his depth, he's done nothing as a manager above League One in which each time he has won it his budget has eclipsed every other teams. The club is more important than one man who has absolutely no ties to it other than he gets his wages from it. But you're all right it's just personal...

10 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:

Footballs all about opinions, he's certainly made errors I just think there's a player in there that we were starting to see when he got a run in the side a few years ago. Possibly end up like another Shaun Byrne. It's refreshing to see we have some fans looking for alternative formations ect rather than just rolling out the 'in AJ we trust' slogan and burying heads in the sand to our current crisis ala the board/fans who foolishly think we are due AJ some weird kind of loyalty so please dont think I was criticising your suggestions bud. 

Burty and the rest of the Pars TV guys. Provide a great professional service for people and seem like genuine good folk who clearly care about the club. Thanks. 

9 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:

What an embarrassingly tragic comment to make after one win in nine and getting pumped 5 (going on 8)-2 off Queen of the South at home. Imagine having the brass neck to still pretend I have some personal vandetta against a manager who has overseen such an awful run :lol: Good old facts eh. 

39 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

If this was Potter in charge not one of you would be on defending him. Only Pars fans would come on a forum defending a manager who has overseen one win in nine, an entire quarter of a season. This burying our heads in the sand and ignoring blatant facts is what nearly cost us our club and yet some of you lot still feel we shouldn't question anything from the board and back their decisions without query. In truth they've entrusted the playing future of our club to someone proving week on week that he is not capable of the job. Nothing personal simply stating the facts that are there for everyone to see. Guess we will just need to wait until crowds start dwindling and no tampering with figures from the BOD will make a difference.

Before anyone mentions 'the great start' and how no one complained then, we have now only won a single game more than our number of defeats. The rot has set in and, as predicted, that good start now counts for nothing. Johnston as the facts show is out of his depth, he's done nothing as a manager above League One in which each time he has won it his budget has eclipsed every other teams. The club is more important than one man who has absolutely no ties to it other than he gets his wages from it. But you're all right it's just personal...

You're either trolling or a massive moron. You've just made a lot of things up. Utter fabrication. And you're equating folk not instantly hating and wanting the manager sacked with folk who supported the Masterton era of overspending and lies. Utter pish.

And you've shown numerous times that for some reason its deeply personal, as your constant personal insults prove.

36 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

I wonder if Masterton has pumped All-Star-Par's missus or something like that given his undeniable hatred of anything DAFC associated (Pars TV aside)

Gavin Masterton having sex is not the image I wanted as I was about to tuck into my roll and sausage. 

Mullen straight into the squad for this game, making a slight mockery of his recent injury lay-off. (In fairness, the Livi fans had suggested he'd been dropped as a 'wantaway' rather than seriously injured.

Wonder if he'll start... I could see him, Morgan and Smith playing quite interchangeably behind Reilly. I've not seen enough games since Magennis came back, so either Magennis makes way, or McShane does and Magennis slots into the middle.

(I actually suspect we'll start an unchanged team with Mullen a fairly early introduction from the bench.)

Our early success was scudding teams early on then being able to pick them off as the game progressed. Cardle was running riot but if he's not cutting it and Williamson/Higgy are not linking up then the creativity is gone and we're sitting ducks. Clark and McManus still scoring regularly though and it's up to AJ and Sandy to try and cobble a team together that can stop leaking goals. We rarely draw a blank. Struggling to see beyond something like 3-1 but it's not totally hopeless and AJ's recent new-found experimenting might just strike it lucky at some point.

Any notion of nice football or "philosophies" need to be fucked right off. I can understand his 4-5-1 and experimenting with Martin in midfield (I think he lifted my idea from the Utd-Pars thread) and respect what he's up to just now despite the results. We're working on a tighter budget this year and he's at least trying to tinker with things. I'd put Talbot on Morgan for this one, concentrate on stopping St Mirren then hope McManus or Clark can sclaff one in. Head says 3-1. Heart says 0-1. 

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Our early success was scudding teams early on then being able to pick them off as the game progressed. Cardle was running riot but if he's not cutting it and Williamson/Higgy are not linking up then the creativity is gone and we're sitting ducks. Clark and McManus still scoring regularly though and it's up to AJ and Sandy to try and cobble a team together that can stop leaking goals. We rarely draw a blank. Struggling to see beyond something like 3-1 but it's not totally hopeless and AJ's recent new-found experimenting might just strike it lucky at some point.

Any notion of nice football or "philosophies" need to be fucked right off. I can understand his 4-5-1 and experimenting with Martin in midfield (I think he lifted my idea from the Utd-Pars thread) and respect what he's up to just now despite the results. We're working on a tighter budget this year and he's at least trying to tinker with things. I'd put Talbot on Morgan for this one, concentrate on stopping St Mirren then hope McManus or Clark can sclaff one in. Head says 3-1. Heart says 0-1. 

You guys tore our defence apart at EEP.  Midfield not at the races; centre halves parting like the red sea.

We have solidified a bit since then.

Archived