The Buddies v Dunfermline

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best bit of those highlights is the lingering close up of the miserable Dunfermline fans after the goal. You can also just about see Gavin Reilly pause to get it right up them before going off to celebrate with his team mates. That's the kind of thing I want in a highlights package, lovely stuff.

The worst highlights package ever created. Lots of wasted time when nothing happening. Camera work shaky. Grainy images akin to Alba.

Still it showed St Mirren players surrounding the linesman, intimidating the officials into changing a decision. The SFA need to investigate this corruption and have the match replayed. Never seen a more clear cut penalty.

My letter will be in the post tomorrow.

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Reilly had taken it too far wide imo plus it's Gavin Reilly. Not a goal scoring opportunity.

:lol:

I thought the block on Higginbotham was a clear pen in the first half. Charleston is a shite ref. 

Too far wide? It was virtually right in the middle of the goal. If Murdoch hadn't handled it Reilly would have had a tap in.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Murdoch does handle it but tbh it looks like he isn't that far out, it would be quite interesting to have an angle in line with it to see exactly where the ball is when he touches it, looks outside the box but it is fairly marginal. Reilly has already turned away from goal before murdoch touches it and Ashcroft is covering I don't think that can be a clear goalscoring opportunity. Since the change in rules refs seem more reluctant to give reds even tho in theory the change doesn't effect anything that happens outside the box.

Yea, Reilly was starting to go wide but, as I say, if Murdoch hadn't knocked the ball away he would have had a tap in and there's no way that Ashcroft would have got to him.

Mind you, the Dunfermline strips may have confused him and he might have put it over the stand!

2 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

The worst highlights package ever created. Lots of wasted time when nothing happening. Camera work shaky. Grainy images akin to Alba.

Still it showed St Mirren players surrounding the linesman, intimidating the officials into changing a decision. The SFA need to investigate this corruption and have the match replayed. Never seen a more clear cut penalty.

My letter will be in the post tomorrow.

2/10 - for accurate description of the quality of the highlights.

I think everyone can agree, even if faced with an open goal nothing can be considered a clear goalscoring opportunity for Reilly, for he is absolutely gubbins.

Free kick to Dunfermline with thanks to Murdoch for saving Reilly the embarrassment.

8 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

I wish St Mirren fans could have witnessed Gavin Reilly in a Pars shirt last season. They'd be fucking astounded how much improved he is.

Erm..they would have

This is quite funny, Charleston's officiating is almost as bad as the punditry coming from some of the Dunfermline fans on here.

I believe it was because Reilly wasn't very good for them, despite being good for every other team. Seems like the catastrophic collapse of their promotion challenge has hit some of them hard.

I think Murdoch should have probably gone for that. Probably better that he was on the pictch, we'd have no doubt struggled against 10! 

On the other hand, what do we film our games on? A camera phone from 2010? Quality is poor, wouldn't make me want to sign up to the subscription service. 

Archived