The Buddies v Dunfermline

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our game against Livi postponed I joined the away crowd at the Methadome. The away end because I dislike Scumfermilne a tiny wee bit less than the Skunks. However I forgot about that fife accent ........quite a decent turnout by Pars fans and a lot more than the 330 or so announced at the game.
From a neutrals perspective here's a few observations.
First half skunks just edged it but not by much second half they didn't turn up at all. The pars dominated the second half but couldnt score due to having no goal scorers. Clark was awol and an absolute honkin footballer. The Skunk defence was absolutely shit and any striker with any kind of finish in him would have scored readily.
Lewis Morgan did show a few box of tricks type touches but disappeared out the game in the second half. Can't understand the hype on him especially after two completely anonymous showings against the Ton this season. 
St Mirren may win the league this year because they are slightly less shite than teams like Dunf and Morton. Didn't see any players in the St Mirren team that made me think I wish we had him. Having said that I'm sure skunk fans won't give a f**k as long as they keep winning which is fair enough.
The Pars right back is very "gangly" and a lot of the time resembled a child running after a baloon. The center backs were just two slow big lumps of wood. The left back was quite good though. The boy dived for the non-penalty.
Gavin Reilly got into half decent positions but his finishing was hopeless as illustrated by his horrific Miss when clean through in the first half.
the game was full bloodied which was good for my neutral status but I don't think illl be able to do that again especially when both teams make me want to go for a shit. That's all,have a good Xmas both sets of fans. Mon the Ton! 
Only show in town.

Wee Gav has 17 goals this season so  maybe the problem was down to how he was managed by AJ and that insufferable w**k Sandy Clark.
If he goes on to not score once against the Pars but breaks the 20 goal barrier for us, then quite frankly we couldn't give two fucks how much you sad b*****ds hate the boy. He's been outstanding for us. 

I don't believe for one second that our manager doesn't know how to manage players.

2 hours ago, gmac1874 said:

........quite a decent turnout by Pars fans and a lot more than the 330 or so announced at the game.

Pish. The Away stand holds just under 1700 and is divided into 5 sections -  4 smaller and 1 large. The Pars fans were in 2 smaller sections and the front of these sections were empty with spaces within the areas where people were sitting (watch the match highlights). Automatic turnstile entry via ticketing ensures the figures are accurate.

I was pretty surprised at the very poor away support. When we played them through in Dunfermline we took about 1,200 and they had 5,000 home fans. Was expecting a far larger Away support yesterday. But thanks for your £20 - every little helps.

2 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Pish. The Away stand holds just under 1700 and is divided into 5 sections -  4 smaller and 1 large. The Pars fans were in 2 smaller sections and the front of these sections were empty with spaces within the areas where people were sitting (watch the match highlights). Automatic turnstile entry via ticketing ensures the figures are accurate.

I was pretty surprised at the very poor away support. When we played them through in Dunfermline we took about 1,200 and they had 5,000 home fans. Was expecting a far larger Away support yesterday. But thanks for your £20 - every little helps.

You have to remember he is a Morton fan so yesterday's away support must be big in his terms. 

5 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

I don't believe for one second that our manager doesn't know how to manage players.

You're not seriously suggesting that Reilly being pish last season was anyone but Reilly's fault are you?

1 hour ago, gmac1874 said:

Skunk fans obsessing about away support attendances. Who would have thought ! 

Posted the clown that brought the subject up in the first place, then proved that his ability to count was akin to that of a five year old.:)

A week before Christmas and without a win in 9? 330 doesn’t surprise me.

St Mirren took 1200 in September because (I’m sure) you were top of the league and on a great run.

If things like this surprise you then I’d guess you haven’t been going to the football for very long.

Just now, smpar said:

A week before Christmas and without a win in 9? 330 doesn’t surprise me.

St Mirren took 1200 in September because (I’m sure) you were top of the league and on a great run.

If things like this surprise you then I’d guess you haven’t been going to the football for very long.

I am sure I have been going a lot longer than you. With 5k home supporters 330 travelling is poor in my opinion for a game that is just over an hour away.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Posted the clown that brought the subject up in the first place, then proved that his ability to count was akin to that of a five year old.:)

"Proved" ???? Hmmm not sure where you're coming from there champ. But then again in Paisley your counting ability is enhanced by the additional finger you have on each hand. Have a happy Xmas by the way!

I am sure I have been going a lot longer than you. With 5k home supporters 330 travelling is poor in my opinion for a game that is just over an hour away.

I think he was trying to help you out by giving you an excuse.

Instead you've made it apparent that you're just a bit thick.

Archived