The Buddies v Dunfermline

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Definitely a bigger fan of games under the floodlights.

Is there anything better than your team going baws oot a tightly contested game under the floodlights?

The thought of Jason Talbot lunging with 2 feet into 30/70 tackles under the floodlights makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Definitely a bigger fan of games under the floodlights.

Is there anything better than your team going baws oot a tightly contested game under the floodlights?

It definitely adds something. The Vanoli game was under the lights? Cracking atmosphere. Televised full house against Dundee Utd Edinhos debut.

The lack of Saints supporters on this thread tells ir's owen story, Dunfermline tore us a sore one the best performance i have seen this season from any team against us so obviously fans are feeling nervous going by the thread. I will feel disappointed if we  don't see a reaction however Dunfermline  have the tools to damage us as  we witnessed,  Saints fans i'm sure many are nervous .It will not be easy but i feel we have a point to prove and have the players too stand up too the challenge hope so from a Saints prospective. Anyway should be a cracking game hopefully not as one sided as it was at Dunfermline enjoy the trip to Paisley not too much.

D1A23D54-66F5-4028-886B-95A7019EF5F1-343-00000022634DE975.jpg

Feeling the captivity of negativity of reading this thread, I just sped read this last night.

Mind blown.

I have now mapped out the game in my head. Envisioning everything. Entering through the turnstiles in Paisley unhindered. Every play. Each and every goal. The players celebrating. The crowd going wild, and expressions of joy on their faces. The victorious comments on this thread come 5pm. The headlines in the local paper. The after match interviews. The manager heaping praise on his players. Seeing the league table. Hearing Tam Cowan announce the team of the day on Off the Ball.

Yep, St Mirren victory all over it.

8 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

At FT tomorrow this thread will be full of Saints fans giving big licks about how they're going to win the league, after being the only ones surprised by the comfortable home victory.

I for one think we will win the league it will be close but we will win it feel free to book mark that. We are and will add quality to our squad with our big money windfall from Morgan and McGinn going to Celtic.

I never like it when fans of other teams keep telling us how shite they are and how much we'll pump them. It often doesn't bode well.

Can we go back to what it was like at the end of last season with everyone telling us they'd pump us, then that it was their worst performance of the season when we turned them over?

D1A23D54-66F5-4028-886B-95A7019EF5F1-343-00000022634DE975.thumb.jpg.774fd65db7211db3e0a001e223f09643.jpg

Feeling the captivity of negativity of reading this thread, I just sped read this last night.

Mind blown.

I have now mapped out the game in my head. Envisioning everything. Entering through the turnstiles in Paisley unhindered. Every play. Each and every goal. The players celebrating. The crowd going wild, and expressions of joy on their faces. The victorious comments on this thread come 5pm. The headlines in the local paper. The after match interviews. The manager heaping praise on his players. Seeing the league table. Hearing Tam Cowan announce the team of the day on Off the Ball.

Yep, St Mirren victory all over it.

How can he be the father of positive thinking if his name is peale?

I'm not the biggest fan of AJs managerial capabilities but if there's one thing the start to this season proved is that we should not fear playing anyone as we are more than capable. The players need to man up, grow a set and get tore the f**k into these c***s! WE ARE THE LOYAL!

I'm not the biggest fan of AJs managerial capabilities but if there's one thing the start to this season proved is that we should not fear playing anyone as we are more than capable. The players need to man up, grow a set and get tore the f**k into these c***s! WE ARE THE LOYAL!

...and the understatement of the year 2017 is awarded to...

Not the biggest fan?

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

I never like it when fans of other teams keep telling us how shite they are and how much we'll pump them. It often doesn't bode well.

Can we go back to what it was like at the end of last season with everyone telling us they'd pump us, then that it was their worst performance of the season when we turned them over?

Listen when we tell you: it isn't going to end well for us, not yourselves. We are atrocious, with a thread-thin squad, so there isn't any options when things aren't going our way. AJ never has a plan B anyway. 

HT 1-0

Probably just about to deserve to be in front after that. We started on the back foot and Dunfermline had a couple of decent chances early on, one in particular that deflected just wide inside the first five minutes. Then Higginbotham threw himself to the floor after some slight contact with Davis and screamed for a penalty, not given and think the ref got that right.

After that we controlled the game and had a couple of decent chances before the goal arrived. Cross falling to Smith at the back post for a tap in.

Dunfermline ain’t up to much so 3 points certainly here for the taking if we hold it together second half.

Archived