County v Killie

39 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Think you’re being a bit sensitive here. We are just as far away from you as you are from us and I would say the same if they made you travel down here tonight.

They could’ve played the fixture at a better time, I don’t know why anyone is disputing this.

You’ve a valid argument against midweek night fixtures at all in December - February. Totally agree with that. But that’s the calendar we have, especially so now we’re also accomodating a winter break. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
16 hours ago, Dindeleux said:
As expected.

Teams play midweek about seven or eight times a season, before the split, tell me what fixtures you'd have in there? Or are you expecting every County v Aberdeen, County v Saints game to be midweek? It's just your turn, County will probably be midweek away to Killie next season. It happens.

Looking at County's fixture list its 6 times this season however 4 are in December and  January with one on the 24th October and the final pre-split one on 28 February.

SPL could surely squeeze some of these fixtures in earlier or later in the season even allowing for international breaks, cup matches etc.?  

3 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Think you’re being a bit sensitive here. We are just as far away from you as you are from us and I would say the same if they made you travel down here tonight.

They could’ve played the fixture at a better time, I don’t know why anyone is disputing this.

As somebody else said, we do it every second game, an hour or so here or there doesn’t make much difference when your shortest trip is two and a half hours on a good day. It’s just as bad in the rain or fog as it is tonight. Roads are fine, it’s a bit cold. It’s just gets a bit annoying hearing all the complaints from others who do it once in a blue moon.

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

Will there be many away fans tonight?

Had an Inverness away game midweek in February a few years ago. 48 Hardy souls made the journey that night. Tonight will be a good indicator of the "Steve Clarke effect". 

Hopefully we'll see a couple of hundred going up. 

Anyone moaning about away crowds in December, irrespective of distance (let alone the length of the A9) really hasn’t left their mother’s basement. Well played to any Killie fans who have made the trip.

Anyway, 2-0 Naismith - his first for the club, and inevitable POTY if he stays fit.

Archived