Absolutely 100% back on form Saints v Stevie May’s Invitational XI

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did Davidson go off injured?
Yes. Went thundering into a tackle on the halfway line and came off worse. Worth noting that barely a minute beforehand, he'd had his back turned to Foster who had the ball, which ended up with Foster misplacing a pass to him by yards, Aberdeen got possession, make a quick pass and Muzz thunders into tackle and gets himself injured.

A fine example of our play tonight.

Always nice to get 3 points away from home.  
Very happy that we seem to have finally moved on from gifting the fermers goals and points .   If only we could do the same to Sevco and Hamilton, life would be good.

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

He may be a c**t. But he's our c**t. 

You've ruined him, he used to be an attacking full back, now he just charges about getting booked

14 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Complete drama queen regarding the first half.

The first half we were  okay. We went to pieces for a spell in the middle where we lost Murray and two poor goals.  Otherwise, Scougall was playing well, we created a few chances and if Macca had his shooting boots on would have had at least one goal.  Aberdeen were just far more clinical.

Nah I'm not having that, we were good for the final phase of the half, as good as we've been at home this season. But between 5-35 minutes we were dire and barely touched the ball, and when we did it was a hopeless pump to nobody.  I genuinely thought we were losing about five or six at that point.

I don't really want to start on Paton, as I might not stop. I have tried to like him and there has been times I've warmed slightly to him but then it comes back to games like tonight. He's playing a different sport to guys like McLean, Christie and Shinnie. To think we used to have guys like Morris and Millar in that role.

What was the thinking on Clark with the second and third goals? I know the FK took a deflection but seemed to go right through him. As for the second...

14491409.jpg.d1c2dbca706078eb9f0f7c27bb7a8f9f.jpg

I don't really want to start on Paton, as I might not stop. I have tried to like him and there has been times I've warmed slightly to him but then it comes back to games like tonight. He's playing a different sport to guys like McLean, Christie and Shinnie. To think we used to have guys like Morris and Millar in that role.
What was the thinking on Clark with the second and third goals? I know the FK took a deflection but seemed to go right through him. As for the second...
14491409.jpg.d1c2dbca706078eb9f0f7c27bb7a8f9f.jpg

I couldn’t really blame him for the third-it took a huge deflection and went way past him back the way he had come from but I felt he surely should have been going for the first ball at the second goal, never mind the one that landed at Arnason.

Third goal took a big deflection, all his weight was going one way and then it whipped to his other, think he maybe got a finger too it, but harsh to criticise him for that.

Have to see the second again, was just a huge clusterfuck of bodies from what I could see. Worth noting we seemed to have Wotherspoon marking Rooney at corners, Aberdeen are a big physical team...

There wasn't even boos at full time tbh, everyone just turned away. Logan, bizarrely gave a two handed fist pump to the East Stand despite their only being about ten folk left and everyone was facing the other way or on their phone, strange guy.

Presumably everyone apart from you?

The warning signs that have been present for the last 18 months or so are really coming home to roost now. There are a lot of issues in this squad, most of which were highlighted and exploited by a much more able Aberdeen side. 

Millar and Davidson are our best midfielders. Play them together. This petty squabble going on behind the scenes is not helping the team. Wotherspoon misplaced a few passes and gave the ball away too often but at least he doesn’t hide and always gives his team mates an option. Every time he had the ball he was forced to either lump it long or was disposessed waiting for Pates and MOH to stop hiding. Scougall had Shinnie on toast for 15 minutes but quickly fell out of the game.

now onto some of our other problems; Tanser’s first touch is often more forceful than the pass that is played to him. I honestly don’t know how he manages it. Mr Angry was shit tonight and has been shit all season Macca couldn’t be arsed and isn’t the same player he was, Cummins isn’t good enough, we can’t defend corners or cross balls, we dont take our chances, beyond 13 or 14 players the rest of the team is championship standard and a lot of our better players are now starting to regress or need a change of scene, we don’t have any width in the team, when we do get the ball wide our crossing is terrible, if by some miracle we do put in a decent ball there is never anyone in the middle to put the chance away. no one in the centre of midfield - barring Spoony who tried tonight and forgotten man Millar - will take any responsibility and actually try and take control of a game, Paton is fucking garbage - just because he crunches folk occasionally does not make him a good player - get him to f**k. Tommy would’ve been as well just taking the 3 players he took off and not putting no one on, thus was the effect the subs had on the game. Oh, and if MOH can’t be arsed - he certainly didn’t put much effort in tonight - then I’m quite happy for him to go back to rangers. 

Head’s gone. We’re shite. We need signings desperately and no excuses are acceptable for that not happening. Tommy can shove his air of negativity pish up his arse as well - the football on display has been garbage for most of the last 18 months. It’s a wonder more people haven’t fallen away from watching us. 

Well done Aberdeen -a fully deserved victory and you’ve turned me into a ranting mess. 

I needed that. 

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Mr Angry was shit tonight and has been shit all season 

I genuinely despise him. GMS runs at Tanser, knocks it by him and then throws himself down, Foster can either let it run to the keeper, or take a touch and start an attack. Instead he just petulantly smashes it out the park, almost giving away a corner, and then starts screaming at the ref, genuinely the angriest I've ever been at a player.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nah I'm not having that, we were good for the final phase of the half, as good as we've been at home this season. But between 5-35 minutes we were dire and barely touched the ball, and when we did it was a hopeless pump to nobody.  I genuinely thought we were losing about five or six at that point.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree here!  I thought in the opening 15 or so minutes, and the 15 or so before half time, that we were playing better football than I'd seen from us for a while.  I actually thought the first half overall was fairly entertaining, despite the dreadful goals we had conceded.

It definitely took a while to settle down after Murray went off though.

Second half was a different story as we looked disjointed and didn't get anything going.

I think that possibly with the squad we have, we  have to choose between shitfesting results, or opening up and playing more football and seeing results suffer. We don't seem to be able to play football yet stay solid.  It's hard to think of many games we've won this season by outplaying the opposition.  Having said all this, have to keep perspective on things, as any one of Aberdeen's front 4 of Rooney, May, Christie and Stewart would probably be our star attacking player.

The warning signs that have been present for the last 18 months or so are really coming home to roost now. There are a lot of issues in this squad, most of which were highlighted and exploited by a much more able Aberdeen side. 
Millar and Davidson are our best midfielders. Play them together. This petty squabble going on behind the scenes is not helping the team. Wotherspoon misplaced a few passes and gave the ball away too often but at least he doesn’t hide and always gives his team mates an option. Every time he had the ball he was forced to either lump it long or was disposessed waiting for Pates and MOH to stop hiding. Scougall had Shinnie on toast for 15 minutes but quickly fell out of the game.
now onto some of our other problems; Tanser’s first touch is often more forceful than the pass that is played to him. I honestly don’t know how he manages it. Mr Angry was shit tonight and has been shit all season Macca couldn’t be arsed and isn’t the same player he was, Cummins isn’t good enough, we can’t defend corners or cross balls, we dont take our chances, beyond 13 or 14 players the rest of the team is championship standard and a lot of our better players are now starting to regress or need a change of scene, we don’t have any width in the team, when we do get the ball wide our crossing is terrible, if by some miracle we do put in a decent ball there is never anyone in the middle to put the chance away. no one in the centre of midfield - barring Spoony who tried tonight and forgotten man Millar - will take any responsibility and actually try and take control of a game, Paton is fucking garbage - just because he crunches folk occasionally does not make him a good player - get him to f**k. Tommy would’ve been as well just taking the 3 players he took off and not putting no one on, thus was the effect the subs had on the game. Oh, and if MOH can’t be arsed - he certainly didn’t put much effort in tonight - then I’m quite happy for him to go back to rangers. 

Head’s gone. We’re shite. We need signings desperately and no excuses are acceptable for that not happening. Tommy can shove his air of negativity pish up his arse as well - the football on display has been garbage for most of the last 18 months. It’s a wonder more people haven’t fallen away from watching us. 
Well done Aberdeen -a fully deserved victory and you’ve turned me into a ranting mess. 

I needed that. 

974b15459500a822e46d0a8f43d2d5c7.gif

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

(McInnes going five at the back when you got your third was embarrassing btw, you should've smelt blood and put down a proper marker by getting five or six), the third

Why on earth would we do that when we've wrapped up the game and have another against Hibs to prepare for? GIRUY.

Archived