Montrose vs An English Team

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope Ouzy See makes a full recovery. Sorry it took so long to get an ambulance. 

That was squeaky bum time following it on Twitter and BBC.

Nerves shredded but the Mo got their three points and because of the result up the coast,  Berwick must have played the second half, knowing they couldn't be caught by Cowdenbeath.

Very weird one this. If it was meant to be an easier match, next week is going to be really excruciating. Hopefully won't be another marathon fret fest though. Sheesh!

Hope Ouzy See makes a full recovery. Sorry it took so long to get an ambulance. 
That was squeaky bum time following it on Twitter and BBC.
Nerves shredded but the Mo got their three points and because of the result up the coast,  Berwick must have played the second half, knowing they couldn't be caught by Cowdenbeath.
Very weird one this. If it was meant to be an easier match, next week is going to be really excruciating. Hopefully won't be another marathon fret fest though. Sheesh!

Aye, that was arse gripping stuff, unfortunately Cowdenbeath couldn’t hang on for the draw, was looking great up until 80 mins, but once Peterhead had the 3 points it was definitely scary.
Also wish See all the best in his recovery.

What do the crowd do in these sort of situations?! Did 800 odd folk just stand/ sit around for an hour and a half with poor See lying in a heap on the park?! Did people leave/ nip out to the pub?! It must have felt like days waiting around for the ambulance to eventually arrive for the crowd, let alone the poor player...

2 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

What do the crowd do in these sort of situations?! Did 800 odd folk just stand/ sit around for an hour and a half with poor See lying in a heap on the park?! Did people leave/ nip out to the pub?! It must have felt like days waiting around for the ambulance to eventually arrive for the crowd, let alone the poor player...

Was brutal waiting around wondering what was happening.  However main focus was See.  

Everyone just stood around speaking, checking scores and generally just waited

Montrose 1

Berwick :lol:

Not nice to see a player so badly injured and all the best to him for recovery. It was a bizarre afternoon all round, full times being read out at half time and nearly an hour for an ambulance to turn up. That will make for some uncomfortable headlines for beleaguered NHS Tayside on Sunday.

The game was a pretty grim, scrappy affair. Montrose started brightly enough and were ahead after a buccaneering run and pass by Steeves into the box was guided into the net from a yard by Templemans telescopic leg.

Our forward play after the lengthy injury enforced break was a bit disjointed and there was more than the odd uncertain moment at the back. I felt we gave Berwick far too much of the ball in the second half but fortunately they simply don’t have the quality to make serious use of it.

They were a grim, hammer-throwing team with no redeeming features other than McCrorie in goal. As for us, well maybe three games in seven days and the unfortunate injury took its toll. We were ragged a bit but at this stage of the season it’s just about results and we got what we needed today.

Onto Stenny now and hopefully next weekend we can step up again. Peterhead’s persistence is tedious.

Dreadful time to wait for a ambulance, was the player left on the park throughout the wait, you would have thought there would have been someone qualified to provide enough first-aid to get him on a stretcher & taken into the medical room & made more comfortable. Think there needs to be a doctor at games you would think they could take charge of something like that until the ambulance turned up

That was the most bizarre afternoon. Well on top in first 15-20 mins, scoring, whereas Berwick had a couple of moments but no real chances. Then the tackle - to me it genuinely looked like Masson won the ball cleanly and then next thing See is on his front with what looks like his boot hanging off at a weird angle. To everyone's credit, he was given space, Dillon screamed at Campbell to call an ambulance and the lad was seen to by paramedics, doctor and physios on site. Was nice to see Lewis Milne sitting beside him watching videos on his phone with See while waiting for ambulance!
What followed from Berwick seemed like quite a petty and targeted approach to Masson for what looked like a clean challenge. To his credit he seemed to enjoy the attention and I wonder if his MOTM award was for managing to keep his cool and control the middle through all the digs.

By the second half we had lost a lot of the intensity; Berwick's physicality bossed the middle. With Masson then subbed and Redman really tiring we were in danger of conceding. We did have a run of corners and pressure and should have maybe scored a second, but Berwick kept at us and the game could have ended 1-1.
Berwick are safe for another season and Montrose still 3 clear.
Two more games to go!

St. John’s ambulance aren’t qualified to deal with that, both physios did what they could, and there’s a doctor on the Montrose board.

But none of them can administer gas n air or morphine.

And given the angle it was hanging at, moving him woulda been impossible

I expected a rapid response car or a sandpiper responder sooner than a ninewells ambulance.

Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

He was one of the more skilful Berwick players

Thought we played well today, particularly in the second half. News filtering through from Peterhead, had an impact on our second half performance. Phillips and Noteman controlled the midfield in second 45 mins and we restricted Montrose to half chances, although didn't create too much ourselves. Hamilton unlucky from a narrow angle and Olly should have equalised in the last minute. Bolo should have had a straight red and Montrose were denied a clear cut penalty.  Tough for both sides after the injury to See. Montrose did everything possible during the delay but unfortunate with the time it took for an ambulance to arrive.  

Good luck in your final two matches. 

2 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

Most stood around but quite a few fucked off to the pub.

I’m pretty certain it’s a spfl requirement that at least the home Club should have a Dr in attendance. If there is no punishment after the See injury then I can see all lower league Clubs scrapping a very expensive match cost which is not great news for the players.

I’m pretty certain it’s a spfl requirement that at least the home Club should have a Dr in attendance. If there is no punishment after the See injury then I can see all lower league Clubs scrapping a very expensive match cost which is not great news for the players.

Shocking injury and wishing player a quick recovery. Montrose Dr was in attendance and have to wonder what punishment you are expecting??

You pissed?

16 minutes ago, mo83 said:
33 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

You pissed?

Not yet.

berwick twitter thanked everyone but a Dr so looked like he wasn’t treated by one. Would have thought basic first aid of immobilise and then move could have been done for a broken fibula and dislocated ankle.

maybe the Dr was pissed ? And just not very good.

I had a mate who worked for the Ambulance Service and he said football injuries aren't treated as a priority compared to life threatening emergencies such as heart attacks or strokes. This lead to the situation in Edinburgh a couple of years ago  where it took more than two hours for an ambulance to arrive for a Tynecastle player with a broken leg despite the Fernieside pitch being just up the road from the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary. 

Best wishes to ex-City player Ouzy for his recovery, he's no a bad lad. 

Not yet.
berwick twitter thanked everyone but a Dr so looked like he wasn’t treated by one. Would have thought basic first aid of immobilise and then move could have been done for a broken fibula and dislocated ankle.
maybe the Dr was pissed ? And just not very good.
Are you a medical professional then? Much experience with dislocated ankles? Or talking shite?
I would think there's a concern with a broken pelvis if his foot is pointing the wrong way. The delay seemed to be to get the correct equipment to move him without causing anymore damage.
All the best to the lad and here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Archived