Ten months aff the demon drink

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Hard to believe but many clients etc have sent me booze in recent days. Although gratefully received it had mostly been gifted on to others. A bottle of Polish Cherry liqueur that arrived earlier has me questioning my life choices. Stay dry or back on the booze. Tough choice.

Had you not mentioned your abstinence to them? I find that hard to believe.

The smell of dog means they'll know about that,

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Hard to believe but many clients etc have sent me booze in recent days. Although gratefully received it had mostly been gifted on to others. A bottle of Polish Cherry liqueur that arrived earlier has me questioning my life choices. Stay dry or back on the booze. Tough choice.

Use it to garnish some chocolate cake, it's not really drinking if you're eating.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Had you not mentioned your abstinence to them? I find that hard to believe.

The smell of dog means they'll know about that,

My dog has just been to the doggy beautician thank you very much (she got a bottle of booze off me too). 

Trying to quit smoking and for me that means also staying off the bevvy. It's particularly hard this time of year but the V.P of operations has just handed me a 12 yr old Glenlivet Nadurra single malt. FFS! I'll probably end up re-gifting it. What a waste.

3 minutes ago, The Equalizer said:

Trying to quit smoking and for me that means also staying off the bevvy. It's particularly hard this time of year but the V.P of operations has just handed me a 12 yr old Glenlivet Nadurra single malt. FFS! I'll probably end up re-gifting it. What a waste.

not wanting to be labelled a salesman or charlatan, the Easyway to stop smoking is worth checking. It made me drink more as I wanted to show off how drunk I could get without needing a cig.

16 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

not wanting to be labelled a salesman or charlatan, the Easyway to stop smoking is worth checking. It made me drink more as I wanted to show off how drunk I could get without needing a cig.

Already on my Amazon wish list fella!

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Tip of the day... sign up for a free trial with Audible then choose it as your first order audio book and remember to cancel at 30days and it’s all free.

37 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Then when he forgets to cancel after 30 days he gets so enraged he takes up the tabs again.

I already used up my free trial on Audible for the blade artist,  it was a horrible experience. I patched it after 6 chapters  and got the paperback from the library.

That's how I stopped drinking, using the easyway.

After 35 years of being a complete jakeball, suffering liver problems, gout etc I've not had a drink for 5 months, never felt better and off all the medication I was taking for my various ailments. My liver count is also back to normal, plus I've lost a good bit of weight.

Only down side is I'm now a boring auld c**t but I was probably that with drink anyway.

I'm glad I only have an occasional drink, I've had enough excitement to last me a few lifetimes.

I'll not need to worry about turning into an old pish stained alky mess and what that would entail for my family.

Archived