Is the App fucked?

Scary Bear

Question

• Answers 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been able to log onto the app in weeks.  Uninstalled then reinstalled it and it let me log in initially, then when I went back to use it later, I got the same error message when putting in my login details:  'Network error, please try again later.'
See below - it's a cache, issue. Uninstall app
Find the data stored on phone and delete. Reinstall afterwards
If the app prefills user Id then it's not worked and you have data still to be deleted
Got mine working again on android.
Do the following:

Delete app.
Go into the my files app and look for application data
Look for pie and bovril and delete folder
Download again and sign in.

Something residual in the stored data is causing it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

hen I reinstalled, I opened the app and it logged me in - no idea how it knew who I was now that I think about it. I'd deleted the only pie and Bovril folder I could find (stock android 8.1 on a Nexus).
OK, reinstalled again - went into Storage, it said I had cached and user data, deleted all of that. Run app, signed in, working. Closed app, went back in, still working.
:thumsup2

7 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

See below - it's a cache, issue. Uninstall app
Find the data stored on phone and delete. Reinstall afterwards
If the app prefills user Id then it's not worked and you have data still to be deleted

Cheers, I'll give that a go

Not sure if it's a P&B thing or a general Tapatalk issue, but the inclusion of signatures like "Sent from my SM-G960F using Pie and Bovril mobile app" directly into posts is obnoxious.
I think it's the default mobile app signature. I take it you don't like it? [emoji48]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Archived