Scary Bear

Question

• Answers 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, Jamaldo said:

Is this ever going to be fixed?

It's difficult to fix for a few different reasons;

The main one being that it isn't actually broken. There are hundreds of users using the App right now, across iOS and Android.
Having said that there is obviously "some" sort of issue affecting some Android users. I've not been able to get to the bottom of what is common across those users.

The second issue is that we just white label brand an app, it's not "ours". We don't code it.

As a test, if you are having problems with our App try searching for "TapaTalk" on your App Store, and download that and try and connect to our forum using that.

It's the exact same app but you might get different results.

Or, and this is probably longer term your better option, use the mobile version of our site using your mobile browser. It's much better anyway!

It's difficult to fix for a few different reasons;
The main one being that it isn't actually broken. There are hundreds of users using the App right now, across iOS and Android.
Having said that there is obviously "some" sort of issue affecting some Android users. I've not been able to get to the bottom of what is common across those users.
The second issue is that we just white label brand an app, it's not "ours". We don't code it.
As a test, if you are having problems with our App try searching for "TapaTalk" on your App Store, and download that and try and connect to our forum using that.
It's the exact same app but you might get different results.
Or, and this is probably longer term your better option, use the mobile version of our site using your mobile browser. It's much better anyway!
Got mine working again on android.
Do the following:

Delete app.
Go into the my files app and look for application data
Look for pie and bovril and delete folder
Download again and sign in.

Something residual in the stored data is causing it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Was their an update? Saw that everyone phone signature is appearing and I get Facebook adverts of sponsorship. I don't have Facebook and I'm not going to. Anyone know how to knock this out the park?

2 hours ago, weirdcal said:

Got mine working again on android.
Do the following:

Delete app.
Go into the my files app and look for application data
Look for pie and bovril and delete folder
Download again and sign in.

Something residual in the stored data is causing it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

This worked for me first time, but then when I closed the app and went in again, the error came back.

This worked for me first time, but then when I closed the app and went in again, the error came back.
Did it prefill your user name on the sign in screen?
I removed the whole lot from the settings and storage. Complete fresh download and no issues since.

5 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

Did it prefill your user name on the sign in screen?
I removed the whole lot from the settings and storage. Complete fresh download and no issues since.

hen I reinstalled, I opened the app and it logged me in - no idea how it knew who I was now that I think about it. I'd deleted the only pie and Bovril folder I could find (stock android 8.1 on a Nexus).

OK, reinstalled again - went into Storage, it said I had cached and user data, deleted all of that. Run app, signed in, working. Closed app, went back in, still working.

:thumsup2

hen I reinstalled, I opened the app and it logged me in - no idea how it knew who I was now that I think about it. I'd deleted the only pie and Bovril folder I could find (stock android 8.1 on a Nexus).
OK, reinstalled again - went into Storage, it said I had cached and user data, deleted all of that. Run app, signed in, working. Closed app, went back in, still working.
Great news

Why have I started getting ads on iOS. Started about this time yesterday.
Been using Tapatalk while app is fooked and now intrusive ads everywhere. Ffs.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Any particular reason there are adverts - or sponsored content - all over the place on the app, even with a platinum version?

Edit: or have I just never seen them before, and they’ve always been there?

Yes this seems to have worked. Sony Xperia Z2 - settings - storage - internal storage - apps - pieandbovril - clear data.

Thank the makers.

Sent from my E6653 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I haven't been able to log onto the app in weeks.  Uninstalled then reinstalled it and it let me log in initially, then when I went back to use it later, I got the same error message when putting in my login details:  'Network error, please try again later.'

Archived