Is the App fucked?

Scary Bear

Question

• Answers 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've made a small change but still not convinced why some users are having issues and others are not.

Those having problems can you log out of the app, close it down, re-open and try and login and tell me if it's still the same please?

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 15:41, Div said:

Difficult to know what to do about this but if you download the free TapaTalk app you should be able to use that to connect to our forum.

I've no idea why some Android users are having problems.

I've given up on the app and use Tapatalk all the time on my phone, now, same for BAWA.

5 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

Did it prefill your user name on the sign in screen?
I removed the whole lot from the settings and storage. Complete fresh download and no issues since.

hen I reinstalled, I opened the app and it logged me in - no idea how it knew who I was now that I think about it. I'd deleted the only pie and Bovril folder I could find (stock android 8.1 on a Nexus).

OK, reinstalled again - went into Storage, it said I had cached and user data, deleted all of that. Run app, signed in, working. Closed app, went back in, still working.

:thumsup2

1 hour ago, Jamaldo said:

Is this ever going to be fixed?

It's difficult to fix for a few different reasons;

The main one being that it isn't actually broken. There are hundreds of users using the App right now, across iOS and Android.
Having said that there is obviously "some" sort of issue affecting some Android users. I've not been able to get to the bottom of what is common across those users.

The second issue is that we just white label brand an app, it's not "ours". We don't code it.

As a test, if you are having problems with our App try searching for "TapaTalk" on your App Store, and download that and try and connect to our forum using that.

It's the exact same app but you might get different results.

Or, and this is probably longer term your better option, use the mobile version of our site using your mobile browser. It's much better anyway!

5 minutes ago, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:

Moto 4g

My Android tablet I use to test the App has had no issues at all. Is there somewhere that any old settings could be stored on your device? It sounds like it's still using some old settings somewhere.

On 13/12/2017 at 17:02, Div said:
You probably get some sort of fringe benefits from that relationship.

The App has never given me any pleasure. Sexual or otherwise.

Obviously I dunno the backround and have zero IT experience so forgive this if comes across ignorant, but the app a few years ago was decent enough. Since then it's got a few shiny upgrades which has made it worse in a few ways. Could we just not go back to older builds?

Archived