Who would have thought? Morton are a terrible club...

..oh, and Falkirk too. Motherwell as well, but that's no surprise.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-42269482

Fines totalling £1.3m for underpaying the National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rate were handed out to 260 employers, with retail, hospitality and hairdressing being the most prolific sectors named.

Employers often underpaid staff for reasons such as failing to pay workers travelling between jobs, deducting money from pay for uniforms and not paying for overtime.

Motherwell FC failed to pay £2,755.34 to 12 workers, with Greenock Morton FC keeping £2,382.46 from six members of staff.

Falkirk FC had to pay back nearly £495 owed to one worker.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is this why Morton were selling tickets for the new year Derby game weeks ago, trying to cover the costs of underpaid staff.  Disgusting behaviour, I expect a full explanation from Virgin ton.

I'd say both are a case of our board being total morons, which isn't really news at this point. This sort of thing merely cements it.

4 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I'd say both are a case of our board being total morons, which isn't really news at this point. This sort of thing merely cements it.

On a serious note, it could well be a joint decision by both clubs to see them through the difficult Xmas period. Saints holding any sold ticket money until the Jan date before releasing the cash back to Morton.

8 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

They've all paid up so not much of a story.

It's always nice to hear from Dunfermline fans on the subject of money, after all their club's "financial fortitude" has been demonstrated in the past.

While it's true these people have now been fully recompensed, the wags amongst us may be so bold as to suggest being forced into abiding by the law is more the pertinent issue.

Just now, Buddist Monk said:

It's always nice to hear from Dunfermline fans on the subject of money, after all their club's "financial fortitude" has been demonstrated in the past.

While it's true these people have now been fully recompensed, the wags amongst us may be so bold as to suggest being forced into abiding by the law is more the pertinent issue.

Well, this is awkward...http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/st-mirren-named-shamed-one-9826240

Yup. As far as I'm concerned, it should never have been a situation that came up.

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Sweep, sweep, sweep.

The opportunity to create a thread has been there since almost a year ago. Clearly it wasn't an issue to you then. :whistle

Of course, and ignoring the whatabootery, you could argue that to be caught fiddling people's wages after there was a crack down before is an extra level of stupidity.

5 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

The opportunity to create a thread has been there since almost a year ago. Clearly it wasn't an issue to you then. :whistle

Of course, and ignoring the whatabootery, you could argue that to be caught fiddling people's wages after there was a crack down before is an extra level of stupidity.

Pretty sure there was a thread about it back then but I genuinely don't care enough to look for it. This really isn't an issue to me now, but if you're going to give it the big one about other clubs then be sure your own house is in order. ;)

Just now, The Moonster said:

Pretty sure there was a thread about it back then but I genuinely don't care enough to look for it. This really isn't an issue to me now, but if you're going to give it the big one about other clubs then be sure your own house is in order. ;)

I feel you will be well aware this is all just tongue in cheek. After all, if I wanted to start a genuine thread about how terrible Morton are I wouldn't need this as an excuse! :D

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

1 hour ago, Buddist Monk said:

All in context my friend, that was way way way back in the annals of time. ;)

1 hour ago, Buddist Monk said:

1 hour ago, virginton said:

What an absolute disaster this has turned into for the OP. 

_90011794_tonyf.jpg.2b756211ad0f1ce259f207069ac5d7fb.jpg

For once I have to agree wholeheartedly with vT  .  :lol:

Archived