The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

Fans make a big thing of “loyalty” and to most, changing teams is a huge no-no.
It must be difficult for a professional footballer not to want to support “his team”, regardless of where he is contracted at that moment.
As long as that player gives 100% for their contracted club when playing against their supported club, there should be no issue.
That said, we are talking about knuckle dragging boneheads here, I made the unfortunate decision to have a wee look at RM, by f**k, some of that nonsense is dangerous.
Whilst on there, I spotted a thread (7 pages), about some bear who spotted a Celtic fan wearing a Celtic top in a shopping centre on the morning of the cup final!
What a bunch of insecure, conspiracy believing, stains on society the The Rangers support appear to be.

ETA. Not KB, he seems normal & a big jessy.

It’s strange they hate catholics and want success but the biggest club now in Scotland is run by catholics. You would think well maybe we need some of “them “ on our team and we might win things but nope they just won’t go with common sense. As I stated earlier rangers support ( mainly on rangers media ) are vile scum

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Don't think we did m8. Unless of course you're on about air miles.

You are right, For some reason I had it in my head that you had won your first round tie but lost in the second round.  

For what it's worth MOH is clearly a few cards short of the full deck if he thought it was appropriate to go in the Celtic end whilst being a Rangers player.

Why?

Would it be any different if he was a player for Montrose/ Raith/ St Johnstone fan & any of those teams were not competing against Celtic? I’m pretty sure, no supporters of the teams mentioned would give a f**k.

Fans outside the arse cheeks are sometimes guilty of building up the “rivalry” f**k them.

Sevco were not contesting the final, why would anyone give a f**k whether MOH was in the Motherwell or Celtic end?

I realise I’m contributing slightly in this post, but the sooner Scottish football moves away from giving those c***s different treatment from all other clubs, the better.

That’s all I’ve got to say about that.

23 minutes ago, scottxs said:

It’s strange they hate catholics and want success but the biggest club now in Scotland is run by catholics. You would think well maybe we need some of “them “ on our team and we might win things but nope they just won’t go with common sense. As I stated earlier rangers support ( mainly on rangers media ) are vile scum

Your lot sing about being "up to their knees in fe***n  blood," while your striker celebrates goals by flashing a red hand ulster salute. 

Pot kettle Ian black

Edited by Eaststandee

14 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Why?

Would it be any different if he was a player for Montrose/ Raith/ St Johnstone fan & any of those teams were not competing against Celtic? I’m pretty sure, no supporters of the teams mentioned would give a f**k.

Fans outside the arse cheeks are sometimes guilty of building up the “rivalry” f**k them.

Sevco were not contesting the final, why would anyone give a f**k whether MOH was in the Motherwell or Celtic end?

I realise I’m contributing slightly in this post, but the sooner Scottish football moves away from giving those c***s different treatment from all other clubs, the better.

That’s all I’ve got to say about that.

No it wouldn't be the same no.

But if it was Hearts player, going in to the Hibs end for a cup final, it would be.

I'm not interested in religion one bit and I know that goes hand in and with old firm morons, all that baggage aside,  it's stupidity to go in your biggest rivals end for a match when employed by the other side of said rivalry.  It's not a Scottish thing either. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2673208/rangers-jason-cummings-nottingham-forest-aitor-karanka/

Rangers target Jason Cummings has no chance of making an impact at Nottingham Forest says boss Aitor Karanka

He said: “It has been a shame, because they have not really played.
“The young players like Walker, Clough and Cummings were on loan to play, to check them and what they could offer.
“We wanted them to report back for pre-season and show us the progress they had made.
“But they did not play regularly, so we need to think about them.
“They are young, they are talented. But they need to play.
“If they were unable to play at Rangers or at Bolton, imagine how difficult it is going to be for them to play here.”

No it wouldn't be the same no.
But if it was Hearts player, going in to the Hibs end for a cup final, it would be.
I'm not interested in religion one bit and I know that goes hand in and with old firm morons, all that baggage aside,  it's stupidity to go in your biggest rivals end for a match when employed by the other side of said rivalry.  It's not a Scottish thing either. 

Ok, I get what you are saying. Maybe rivalry does come into it. I guess if a Montrose player were spotted supporting Arbroath in a Forfarshire Cup game against United, I’d be calling for him to be sacked/ slashed/ career ending injury. f**k up with that pish! It’s not stupidity, it’s natural. If your contracted clubs fans aren’t absolute animals!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2673208/rangers-jason-cummings-nottingham-forest-aitor-karanka/
Rangers target Jason Cummings has no chance of making an impact at Nottingham Forest says boss Aitor Karanka
“The young players like Walker, Clough and Cummings were on loan to play, to check them and what they could offer.
“We wanted them to report back for pre-season and show us the progress they had made.
“If they were unable to play at Rangers or at Bolton, imagine how difficult it is going to be for them to play here.”

I feel a statement pending! Biggest club in the world, most successful, biggest fan base in the universe etc. Cummings not good enough for the bears. Who are these people!

2 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

I feel a statement pending! Biggest club in the world, most successful, biggest fan base in the universe etc. Cummings not good enough for the bears. Who are these people!

I think we should be told.

10 minutes ago, Snafu said:

A footballer can support who ever he likes as long as he doesn't cross the line in betting against his employers or betting in games that affect his own employers. It is frowned upon but as we all know footballers were supporters long before they earned a professional living out of football.

I think if footballers are out in the open about who they support I don't see a problem. If we had a Rangers fan in our team playing against them and had been known to go down to Glasgow and support his team when his own is not playing every now and again we would expect him to try harder and play a blinder for us even if ultimately he wants to impress the opposition. I think this happens in football with players more than people realise.

My understanding is that footballers can't bet on the game at all, whether or not their own club is affected.

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

What's Spanish for "my nan could score up there?"