The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

Drunkardine still doesn't get that people are only talking about Rangers (the dead club) and Sevco (the undead club) because we are laughing ourselves hoarse at their expense.

Perhaps a little outside the timeline and obv. a totally different club but:

"Sentencing, Judge Andrew Blake said: “The damage, the filth and the litter was apparent to all who arrived in the city for work the next morning.

“It had nothing to do with football rivalry”, he added, “and everything to do with drink.”

Lest we forget who and what is responsible for the fact you and i are not allowed a pint at half time.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/never-before-seen-images-one-14667382.amp?__twitter_impression=true

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I know that the diddies on here are fascinated by RM.  I know, too, that they are absorbed with all matters Sevco. Now I never read RM and almost never look at individual clubs' forums.  Why would I?  I like Scottish football in the round and regard P&B as my bellwether.  Prompted by your post I did have a quick butchers at 3 teams' message boards and what a shocker:

Aberdeen

ashite.JPG.98f2484a90cc53e701c49e628810a588.JPG

Hibs

hshite1.thumb.JPG.fc6744be1b1710899bf3d5bb4aedb9d2.JPG

Hearts

hshite2.thumb.JPG.eb6ddfba21d6641e82a5343950f49ea7.JPG

I stopped at 3 as it would be nauseating to continue.  In each case the biggest topic was Rangers.  A quick count of these three showed that matters Sevco tallied nearly 15 million (15,000,000) views.

Don't you think that you diddies discuss us enough both on here and in your various individual forums?  Isn't there more than enough discourse about us?

How about a, "Diddies talk about football without mentioning Rangers" thread?   That would be a refreshing change though probably short lived.

If you used afc chat there's probably around 30,000 posts on that thread. Poor research. 2/10.

PS it's because your club in it's current guise are fucking hilarious. 

If you used afc chat there's probably around 30,000 posts on that thread. Poor research. 2/10.
PS it's because your club in it's current guise are fucking hilarious. 

It is quite the lazy comparison (despite afc chat/Aberdeen mad being full of absolute mutants):

- if you combined all Aberdeen F.C. chat into one thread on said forum I think rangers would pale into considerable insignificance.

- I don’t think any such threads existed prior to the banter years kicking off in all its glory.

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I know that the diddies on here are fascinated by RM.  I know, too, that they are absorbed with all matters Sevco. Now I never read RM and almost never look at individual clubs' forums.  Why would I?  I like Scottish football in the round and regard P&B as my bellwether.  Prompted by your post I did have a quick butchers at 3 teams' message boards and what a shocker:

Aberdeen

Hibs

Hearts

I stopped at 3 as it would be nauseating to continue.  In each case the biggest topic was Rangers.  A quick count of these three showed that matters Sevco tallied nearly 15 million (15,000,000) views.

Don't you think that you diddies discuss us enough both on here and in your various individual forums?  Isn't there more than enough discourse about us?

How about a, "Diddies talk about football without mentioning Rangers" thread?   That would be a refreshing change though probably short lived.

I'd carry on and check out as many fans' forums as you can. You'd see that there will be a thread on Rangers on virtually every one of them. 

It's because Rangers are so box office but not in the way you think. We, the rest of Scottish football, aren't talking about Rangers. We are standing, pointing and laughing at you. You are the biggest comedy show in town. 

I can remember the PA announcer at Ibrox referring to a goal scored by the opposition as being "a crumb from the master's table". Now even the smallest of small teams, those you sneered at for apparently scrambling around for whatever crumbs you would throw our way, find your antics hilarious. You've ceased to have the relevance you seem to crave so much. 

10 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Defoe is 1 year into a 3 year £50k a week contract ffs..... even loaning him, they couldn't afford him :thumsup2

Leiva only moved from Liverpool to Lazio 10 months ago for £5 Million  and has played 30 times this season, being an intergral part of the team that just finished 4th in Serie A and thus Champions League football next season, semi-finalsists in the Coppa Italia and QF of the Europa League

Seeing as King has confirmed no new external funding this Share Issue would barely cover Leiva never mind anyone else :lol:

Edited by MEADOWXI

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Aberdeen

Hibs

Hearts

It’s because Sevco have been a hilarious mess for about 6-7 years now, and that Aberdeen top/Hibs season ticket have only been out about a week. Do the calculations ya fucking nanny goat

8 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

If? FUCKING IF? Honestly, any and I mean ANY club found to have done this I'd have nothing but contempt for including my own and I'd want to distance myself from.

I think that I'd be extremely disappointed if I found out that Thistle had failed in their duty of care historically, but it's not something I'd be likely in most circumstances to hold against the club itself (unless we're talking about the club continuing to protect known child abusers, for example, which I think was what Crewe did).

If our official club response was anything like this "lol no, wrong company, we're happy to lay claim to all the titles and baubles and we're the same club that had Gazza and Laudrup lighting up the pitch all those years ago, but our club don't have anything to do with old responsibilities when it comes to protecting young players, so f**k off with these nasty attacks on us and talk to the liquidators of the old company." I'd be a seething mess, and would want all individuals involved with formulating such a crass response to be punted as far away from the Thistle name as possible.

You take ownership of the good, you should take ownership of the bad. There's no half measures with this, but those running Rangers* can't be seen to do it; to keep the charade running they've got to stoke up that "us against the world" mentality among the Big Jock Knew types that comes from watching such a spectacular fall from (relative considering how it was achieved) grace.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

6 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Perhaps a little outside the timeline and obv. a totally different club but:

"Sentencing, Judge Andrew Blake said: “The damage, the filth and the litter was apparent to all who arrived in the city for work the next morning.

“It had nothing to do with football rivalry”, he added, “and everything to do with drink.”

Lest we forget who and what is responsible for the fact you and i are not allowed a pint at half time.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/never-before-seen-images-one-14667382.amp?__twitter_impression=true

JS152036834.jpg

Wid.

5 hours ago, John MacLean said:

I'd carry on and check out as many fans' forums as you can. You'd see that there will be a thread on Rangers on virtually every one of them. 

It's because Rangers are so box office but not in the way you think. We, the rest of Scottish football, aren't talking about Rangers. We are standing, pointing and laughing at you. You are the biggest comedy show in town. 

I can remember the PA announcer at Ibrox referring to a goal scored by the opposition as being "a crumb from the master's table". Now even the smallest of small teams, those you sneered at for apparently scrambling around for whatever crumbs you would throw our way, find your antics hilarious. You've ceased to have the relevance you seem to crave so much. 

Sevco not so much box office, more big top 

24 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

"Hamburg's relegation from the Bundesliga will reduce the compensation paid to Rangers and Raith Rovers for out-of-contract defender David Bates. (Herald, print edition)"
Unlucks emoji3.png

It fucking sure is (insert appropriate emoticon here).