The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

As much as I am enjoying the fawning over Hibs, it must be remembered that they haven't don't anything even remotely outwith standard procedure here.  I love the idea of the board scheming to cause this outburst, and I have no doubt they will secretly enjoy it, but there is no way winding up Rangers even came into consideration with this decision.

Hibs fans took up the entire home allocation with three weeks to spare before the game. The match could see the end of a fantastic season, and we still have the possiblity of coming second. The board are fulfilling their capacity perfectly as they react to a huge demand for home end tickets - great news for any club.

This whole situation unfortunately highlights what has been wrong with Scottish football for many years.  Both members of the Old Firm as it was, and now Newco, have been treated with favouritism and had the system skewed in their favour for as long as most can remember. If anything , its easy to understand why Rangers are sturggling with the concept of fair play so badly - If you let a kid have anything the want, then take it away from them, its going to cause a reaction.

The media, footballing authorities and all clubs are responsible for allowing Scottish football to be run by two corrupt clubs - hopefully this is the start of some realisation for those who associate themselves with either club, though I doubt it.

Edited by Shtuggie

12 minutes ago, Shtuggie said:

I love the idea of the board scheming to cause this outburst, and I have no doubt they will secretly enjoy it, but there is no way winding up Rangers even came into consideration with this decision.

I'm with you except for this. I think the notion that Hibs made no consideration to the potential for the subsequent festival of tears, snot and rage is far, far, funnier than if they deliberately did this to wind Rangers up - and I think they should just continue to act oblivious and somewhat surprised from now on, and remain silent on the issue. If pressed, Hibs should simply say they were selling tickets to meet demand, and the demand was coming from the Hibs end, end of story. 

Some of the uglier parts of the Rangers fanbase thrive on that 'no one likes us, but they still want our money' vanity. Having both their opinions and their money be irrelevant simply does not compute, and that's behind the hilarious breakdown we're seeing.

Edited by Aim Here

That's what makes this so brilliant.  Hibs are doing nothing wrong and are actually acting as every board in Scotland would act.  If the demand is there for home fans to fill that part of the ground then fill it.

As usual though Rangers and their fans automatically see this as an attack on their institution.  They literally have to have every advantage in their favour or else it's time for boycotts etc.  They are a pathetic bunch. 

It does make for bloody great entertainment though.  Long live The Banter Years!

Related image

10 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I'm with you except for this. I think the notion that Hibs made no consideration to the potential for the subsequent festival of tears, snot and rage is far, far, funnier than if they deliberately did this to wind Rangers up - and I think they should just continue to act oblivious and somewhat surprised from now on, and remain silent on the issue. If pressed, Hibs should simply say they were selling tickets to meet demand, and the demand was coming from the Hibs end, end of story. 

Some of the uglier parts of the Rangers fanbase thrive on that 'no one likes us, but they still want our money' vanity. Having both their opinions and their money be irrelevant simply does not compute, and that's behind the hilarious breakdown we're seeing.

Sorry was poorly worded but that's what I am saying. I think no consideration was given to the thoughts of Rangers or the potential for a wind up. Just a happy perk! 

I love all the  cleverly calculated subtle things we do that creeps under their skin while doing absolutely nothing wrong. I can just picture Neil, Leeann, Rod and the rest of the board in absolute stitches over every decision made. They could change a pie recipe and The Rangers would release a statement about it. It's impressive.

Just now, BawWatchin said:

I love all the  cleverly calculated subtle things we do that creeps under their skin while doing absolutely nothing wrong. I can just picture Neil, Leeann, Rod and the rest of the board in absolute stitches over every decision made. They could change a pie recipe and The Rangers would release a statement about it. It's impressive.

To be fair, a strongly worded statement on the quality of Easter Road pies is one I could get behind.

6 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

I love all the  cleverly calculated subtle things we do that creeps under their skin while doing absolutely nothing wrong. I can just picture Neil, Leeann, Rod and the rest of the board in absolute stitches over every decision made.

I hope they were sniggering into their fish suppers last Friday in the boardroom when they made the decision.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43891579

Nominations

SPFL Young Player of the Year

Scott McKenna (Aberdeen): Centre-half. Aged 21. First season in Aberdeen first team after loan spells with Ayr United and Alloa Athletic. Won two Scotland caps.

Alfredo Morelos (Rangers): Striker. Aged 21. Joined Rangers from HJK Helsinki in June, Colombia Under-20 international. 18 goals in 40 appearances.

Lewis Morgan (St Mirren, on loan from Celtic): Winger. Aged 21. Started with Rangers youths before coming through St Mirren's youth system, sold to Celtic in January and loaned back. 18 goals in 41 appearances helped the Buddies win the Championship title and promotion.

Kieran Tierney (Celtic): Left-back. Aged 20. Product of Celtic youth system, nine Scotland caps. SPFL Young Player of the Year 2015-16 and 2016-17.

SPFL now trolling SEVCO,

Morelos up for Young Player of the Year, which sitter that he missed got him that nomination ?

6 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Hibernian Football Club are the MVP of the banter years. While many clubs have had their moments, no other club has so consistently had heads rolling off all over Govan.

giphy.gif

Dundee Utd owned the early years, but Hibs have taken it to a place none of us could have dreamed of.

5 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

IMG_1193.jpg

That's what a stupid person thinks clever looks like.

Hibs owning Sevco and the state they get the **** into has only solidified my choice of Fathers day gift this year from my eldest daughter. I will also ask to have it early this year for one day only.

I will be sporting the maximum amount of seethe from my Sevco supporting neighbours & friends I can get. And also the departing **** from Ibrox from the last league fixture of the year against the Mighty Hibs, hopefully. :)

I have asked my daughter to buy me the Hibs home strip for Fathers day to be worn to wind up as many fucking **** as humanely possible in my local and any where else I can goad the f**k out of them, 12th of July sounds delicious. :lol:

The back of the top will be adorned by two numbers and a hyphen. A green number "3". hyphen,  and a blue "2".

I live 30 metres from one of the main roads that take most of the **** out of Glasgow and not so far from Ibrokes. I already get abuse from the **** when I wear my hoops top walking the dog after a bad day at Ibrokes, so I have decided to go that extra mile to see if they depart from the bus/buses at the sight of me sporting my prized present from my daughter.

Thanks Hibs. :wub:

Scotland boss today providing soundbites about how it would be a 'travesty' if Rangers* didn't finish second. How it is a 'pure institution in world fitba' and folk worldwide want to see Rangers* and Celtic at the top of Scottish football. 

What a c**t. Wonder if anyone in the press cared to remind the tadger who was in charge last time Rangers finished outwith the top 2 before their hilarious death? 

Rangers* on the other hand, have never finished in the top two of the Scottish game, so I fail to understand how it would be a 'travesty' if they carried on the habit of what is quite literally, their lifetime. 

Edited by djchapsticks