The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

11 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Celtic, though, at least have a recent history of buying folk in for relatively modest amounts and selling them on for a large profit. They look to at least have a buy low, sell high strategy in place. They have been doing so and will continue to do so when the likes of Rogic and Dembele who both joined them for modest amounts, leave them. I wouldn't say they just chuck cash at any old shite. At least for the most part.

Just Rafael...

Sevco demand special treatment and advantages then tearfully screaming how unfair it all is when they don't get it.

As I said before, the entitlement is beyond belief. They just expect everyone to roll over and secede to their demands, demands which give them an advantage. Once again they show that they won't work for anything. They just stamp their foot and demand privilege, which they don't deserve and have never earned.

They can't take being treated just like everyone else. The fear here is that the dregs/vermin/tramps/rats/filth/scum who follow them will somehow catch on to this and stop follow (follow) ing them, as these 'people' latch on to what they see as success and buy so fully in to the myths and ethos because they believe it reflects on them. They believe it gives them an identify, that they are somehow special.

Should the hordes suddenly see behind the curtain, many would surely abandon Sevco, as that's their nature. You can see how desperately they, both fans and club, cling on to the myth of them being some huge successful club, and the increasingly desperate statements and actions show just how badly they're wavering and how much they're running from the truth.

Oh ya fucker :lol: 

Don’t these idiots realise that giving them 1500 tickets is still a much bigger percentage of our ground than the 900 we get for Ibrox? We should cut it more. 
We own the ****.

So Hibs got 1.8% of the stadium for their away fixture and Rangers are complaining at getting only 7.5% of Easter road. f**k them.

Sevco demand special treatment and advantages then tearfully screaming how unfair it all is when they don't get it.
As I said before, the entitlement is beyond belief. They just expect everyone to roll over and secede to their demands, demands which give them an advantage. Once again they show that they won't work for anything. They just stamp their foot and demand privilege, which they don't deserve and have never earned.
They can't take being treated just like everyone else. The fear here is that the dregs/vermin/tramps/rats/filth/scum who follow them will somehow catch on to this and stop follow (follow) ing them, as these 'people' latch on to what they see as success and buy so fully in to the myths and ethos because they believe it reflects on them. They believe it gives them an identify, that they are somehow special.
Should the hordes suddenly see behind the curtain, many would surely abandon Sevco, as that's their nature. You can see how desperately they, both fans and club, cling on to the myth of them being some huge successful club, and the increasingly desperate statements and actions show just how badly they're wavering and how much they're running from the truth.
This is pretty well bang on. The backlash from these cretins is nothing to do with ticket allocation.

The majority of folk whining about this have probably never been to an away match as a Rangers* supporter. It is simply a backlash at what they inexplicably see as Hibs revoking their self granted privelege as one half of the Old Firm. They cant handle being treated as no more than just another club.

Long may it continue. And may other clubs learn from Hibs example. Fans everywhere show contempt for the arse cheeks but Hibs lead the way in having the correct attitude at club/board level. Even Celtic took their foot off the gas at Hampden and avoided dishing out a humiliation for the ages. Shitebags.

from the scotsman

Best Twitter reactions to the latest Rangers statement

Rangers have released another emotive club statement as Ibrox side reacted to news that Hibs will cut their allocation for the last game between the sides at Easter Road.

Seeing as Scottish football Twitter loves nothing more than a statement from the Light Blues, there has been a lot of discussion on the matter through the night after it was released at 10.10pm on Tuesday evening.

WHAT RANGERS FANS SAID

@Strabane_GSTQ: Hit them where it hurts Bears. How dare they show such a lack of respect to the most successful team ever. What goes around comes around. Thanks for the clarity Rangers.

@algardiner63: When any team comes to Ibrox give them NOTHING let our fans have all IBROX plus our fans dont go to away games let them suffer

@murdoch_charles: This is a provocation by Hibernian FC, it’s outrageous really. We all know the are perfectly entitled to do so but it’s unbelievable nonetheless, we should refuse our allocation .

@_wotta: When I see the words ‘club statement’ I cover my eyes and read through the cracks in my fingers.

@weegeg12345: So, what, will we give Hibs less seats than we do now? They can’t even fill them! I don’t get the threat. Can someone explain it?

WHAT OTHER FANS SAID

@CrumbsTMT: Rangers statement writers must get paid per word.

@Jim__Douglas: Rangers should move their statements releases to a subscription model. They’re so unintentionally hilarious, I think I’d pay.

@RFBorthwick: I, for one, am absolutely delighted by Hibernian’s decision to cut the allocation of Rangers fans attending the match. They can sell their own tickets out easily so why compromise their own support to pander to another. Sit doon Traynor ya mess.

@Chrisfinn2703: The white, blue and riddest of all the necks in all the world. Like Hibs or anyone owes you f*****g anything.

@AgentScotland: Rangers give Hibernian 1.7% of the capacity of Ibrox, Hibs are willing to give Rangers 10% of available seats at Easter Road, this poor me poor me has to stop, utterly disingenuous & a shoddy attempt by the board at playing to the gallery, anything to deflect from their failings.
@stramashing: This coming from a club who houses the majority of away fans in a p**** wee corner. A corner where you are pelted by coins, hot drinks and spit for the best part of two hours. Outrageous hypocrisy from the genius PR team at Ibrox
THE JOKES

@Oldfirmfacts1: Congratulations to anyone who had ‘beggars belief’ in Rangers Statement Tantrum Bingo

@MarcJWallace: Death, Taxes and Hibs causing Rangers to p*** and moan.
@pieandbov: The dogs bark, and the caravan issues a statement.

@goddamnpal: King......passes it to Alastair Johnston.....to Douglas Park......slips it to JAMES TRAYNOR, he edits it and it’s LIVE and they’ve done it! Another statement! At twenty past ten on a Tuesday night! The fans are going wild! Awww ya beautyyyyy

@garyhenderson1: “Right Jum that’s the statement drafted”

“Have you said it beggars belief?”

“Eh no but I mean it already reads quite well and it doesn’t really fit in anywh...”

“Just throw it in out of context at the end of a paragraph”