The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

What an utter riddy. Statements, bust-ups, suspending players, internal investigations. All of this following a defeat by Celtic (and not for the first time)

In their warped sense of reality, they must surely realise how ludicrous this looks?

Hmmm I wonder why is it only Hibs and Celtic can officially break Sevco and send them into a spinning meltdown?

It's Fabulous!

Guest Moomintroll
What an utter riddy. Statements, bust-ups, suspending players, internal investigations. All of this following a defeat by Celtic (and not for the first time)
In their warped sense of reality, they must surely realise how ludicrous this looks?
Hmmm I wonder why is it only Hibs and Celtic can officially break Sevco and send them into a spinning meltdown?
It's Fabulous!

To be fair they don't seem overly fond of their encounters with us either, which is nice.

I actually might be able to feel sorry for them, were it not for the fact this whole meltdown is as a result of losing to the other cheek, and born of a sense of entitlement.

King is clearly a shyster, and if their anger was concomitant with that I could have a degree of sympathy.

The fact is though if they’d won on Sunday they’d be giving it WATP, talking up their title chances next season and planning their cup winning celebrations.

Their whole identity is tied to the ill-gotten success if the dead club, they don’t give a f**k about the long-term viability of the newco, they just want instant success, however fleeting, and don’t care how they get it.

They’re very much like junkies looking for a fix.

Which I guess makes sense.

2 hours ago, IggyStooge said:

A smorgasbord of statements... The silent treatment. That'll show 'em.

DbAFmyJWAAA7N1C.jpg

"The Union Bears seek to support Rangers in a positive, colourful and vocal manner."

"However, we will not have a vocal presence."

"No Surrender"

Wiggo

Edited by BawWatchin

Surely for the Banter Years XI we need Rob Kiernan at CB. This needs a lot of thought, so I reserve my right to edit, but right now I would go for:

Bell

The Blue Cafu   Kiernan    Bilel     Wallace

Barton Black Huniday   

Pena

Waghorn  Gardner

Subs: Sandaza, Dodoo (for scoring the goal to win the Champions League at Firhill), Lee McCulloch, Dalcio, Morelos, Barry (9m RB Leipzig) McKay, 

Manager: Pedro

Chairman: Charles 'xmas message' Green

The (main) reasons for each being: 

Bell: for the Motherwell 'save'

The Blue Cafu: for **** gushing over him, being a stalwart of the journey, costing goals continuously and being referred to as the Blue Cafu.

Kiernan: ooft.

Bilel: Probably peak banter at Motherwell post final whistle.

Wallace: Grass memes.

Barton: As mentioned above, getting bitched after talking about dominating the league. Got nutmegged a cracker on his debut by Ali Crawford. Gambling debacle.

Black: Being the archetypal *** and the gambling debacle.

Halliday: Being the archetypal ***, 'av goat this', hooked after 40 minutes

Pena: ooft

Waghorn: Martin 'Say it to me face' Waghorn, being fucking shite but **** gushing over him.

Gardner: **** trying to get his shitey song to xmas No.1 - and failing, him never scoring but **** gushing over him, <2m fee, sitting in A&E in his strip.

Anyone like to offer some way to 'improve' things?

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

Guest Moomintroll
Surely for the Banter Years XI we need Rob Kiernan at CB. This needs a lot of thought, so I reserve my right to edit, but right now I would go for:

Bell

Barton Black Huniday   

Pena

Waghorn  Gardner

Subs: Sandaza, Dodoo (for scoring the goal to win the Champions League at Firhill), Lee McCulloch, Dalcio, Morelos, Barry (9m RB Leipzig) McKay, 

The Blue Cafu: for **** gushing over him, being a stalwart of the journey, costing goals continuously and being referred to as the Blue Cafu.
Barton: As mentioned above, getting bitched after talking about dominating the league. Got nutmegged a cracker on his debut by Ali Crawford. Gambling debacle.
Waghorn: Martin 'Say it to me face' Waghorn, being fucking shite but **** gushing over him.
Gardner: **** trying to get his shitey song to xmas No.1 - and failing, him never scoring but **** gushing over him,  
Why is Bell starting at the corner flag? To be fair this may actually be an improvement.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
23 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Bell

Barton Black Huniday   

Pena

Waghorn  Gardner

Gardner: **** trying to get his shitey song to xmas No.1 - and failing, him never scoring but **** gushing over him,  

Why is Bell starting at the corner flag? To be fair this may actually be an improvement.

?? He is in the goals on my PC! But aye, true enough.

I can't decide which of the delightful statements I prefer.

Both agree that Rangers fans deserve to see a team that wins all the time, like wot used to happen.  I love the way that gets said as if it's simply a given.  Nobody has yet explained why a loyal East Fife fan wouldn't be equally deserving.

They diverge when it comes to tactics though.  Our 1872 chums lament the wasting of so much money while hollering about the need to plough more in.  

I think they've been defeated for sheer delusional idiocy though by their Unionised colleagues, who opt for attending matches in solemn silence.

And it's all because they lost.  They haven't the first notion of what it's actually meant to be like to follow a football team.   They are the most spoilt children and it's hilarious to watch.